cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Up Problem

Cruncher
Level 7
Hi, 90% when I start up My PC I'vv got a black screen for about 2 minutes before the welcome screen of win 8.1 shows up.
If I restart directly after I've got the black screen for 5 sec it takes 5 sec and the welcome screen of win 8.1 shows up, so must be it normally every time isn't it ? For the rest the PC works fine, just the start up issue from time to time bothers Me 😞
Any idea what the problem could be Guy's ???
My system is a Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7-3770K@4.5GHz~, Corsair Hydro H80, 16GB Corsair DDR3 1600, SSD Adata 128GB, 2x2TB Hdisks, Corsair PSU 1050W, 2 x Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC crossfire, Samsung 4K 28inch
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello Cruncher,

If you have windows 8.1 on your SSD make sure it is connected to an intel sata port. With an SSD you can also enable fast boot in the bios.

Did this help?

Tnx, I'm gonna check this out and let You know 🙂

khoidsart
Level 7
I'm not sure Windows 8.1 operating system your legal or not?
CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX760 | Mootherboard: Asus Z77 | PSU: Cooler 1000W | RAM: 8GB | Monitor: Asus VG248

My win 8.1 is legal 🙂 In the bios is Fast Boot Enabled, just had to check the ATA's but they are beneath my 2 video cards, zo I had to removed them to see if they are in the Intel Sata's