cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Sound playback issue

Jbrommehd
Level 7
So i just finished building my computer a day ago but, I seem to have a problem on my hands. When hooking up to my t.v. with a HDMI cord i will get picture but no sound. After looking into this for some time, and re installing almost everything Audio, chipset, ect, the problem still remains. When i open my high definition audio device under general it says

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Any idea what to do?:confused:
13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the late response. I tried what they did in the thread, but found not fix. I am running windows 8.1 64 bit idk if that helps

Nate152
Look in the device manager under sound, video and game controllers. Is there a yellow exclamation point?

Yes I have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to High Definition Audio device, but there is none next to Realtek high definition. It seems like the only drives I can find online are ones for the Realtek.

Nate152
Ok try this:

Go to device manager and right click on the high definition audio device and click uninstall, then reboot your computer. Upon reboot it should install the driver.

Did this help?

Thanks again for the response :). I uninstalled it twice now; when it reinstalled it still has a yellow exclamation point next to it.

It says my drivers are up to date. For now i have just hooked some speakers up with an optical cord. Still a little mad at no HDMI audio playback 😞

Nate152