Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

I tried with SLI disabled, and even removed the bridge and swapped cards over to make sure it wasn't the cards causing the issue, but still had a flicker on windows and dodgy text. Like I say, I used it perfectly for 2 weeks before the problem just appeared - no driver updates in that time. Even though I have reinstalled since to just triple check everything. I just hope once Scan receive it, it shows the problem at their end then I get charged for shipping and collection on the rma. I now have my old 1050p screen connected and everything is back to normal... its horrible going back to 22"!!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by NavasC View Post
    You still haven't replied with your specs. if your specs are below par, that could be causing the flickering because your performance isn't staying over 30 FPS at 1440p, based on what Renzo has suggested. MarshallR is trying to help you, so instead of just saying "monitor isn't working out of box" you could help him diagnose your issue.
    I`ve got a "high-end PC" GTX 780ti SLI, Intel 4960X etc....so the PC has surely no performance issues.

in other words: The monitor should work "out of the box" with this config.

The problems seems to be "gsync module" related....
    However, i sold all 3 monitors last week and my problems are gone

New ROGer Array

This issue is definitely related to using the G-Sync module.

I've head some people had luck uninstalling certain programs, but I've had no such luck.

I can confirm that uninstalling RivaTuner, doing a clean install of drivers, and using the PG278q monitor profile/driver from ASUS does NOT fix the back-light flickering problem with G-Sync.

I'm using a GTX780ti, but I will be testing it with a GTX680 just to be sure.

Repeating this method again since it seems to be a solid way to reproduce the issue:
    Open up CS:GO
    Press Shift+Tab and open up the web browser.
    Go to a bright website (like nytimes.com)
    Scroll up and down

It also was occurring at 90+fps. If the next driver update doesn't fix it, this monitor is going back. Something that cost $800 should not have these kinds of issues with its KEY feature.

UPDATE:
    I reconnected my VG248QE w/ G-Sync module to try the same test. Lo and behold, the same issue happens on that screen too!
    Last edited by Ch0b0; 08-31-2014 at 10:20 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0b0 View Post
    This issue is definitely related to using the G-Sync module.

I've head some people had luck uninstalling certain programs, but I've had no such luck.

I can confirm that uninstalling RivaTuner, doing a clean install of drivers, and using the PG278q monitor profile/driver from ASUS does NOT fix the back-light flickering problem with G-Sync.

I'm using a GTX780ti, but I will be testing it with a GTX680 just to be sure.

Repeating this method again since it seems to be a solid way to reproduce the issue:
    Open up CS:GO
    Press Shift+Tab and open up the web browser.
    Go to a bright website (like nytimes.com)
    Scroll up and down

It also was occurring at 90+fps. If the next driver update doesn't fix it, this monitor is going back. Something that cost $800 should not have these kinds of issues with its KEY feature.

UPDATE:
    I reconnected my VG248QE w/ G-Sync module to try the same test. Lo and behold, the same issue happens on that screen too!
    Hopefully Nvidia fixes this in a new driver soon.

Same problem here. CS:GO with G-Sync is flickering. Without - it's fine. The thing is - the first few days I didn't see it, and then it start to manifesting more and more! Tried another DP cable - same propblems.

Intel i5 2500K, 8Gb RAM, ASUS Nvidia Geforce TITAN, WIn7x64.
    Last edited by BrNone; 10-05-2014 at 10:23 AM.

New ROGer Array

Thanks guys for these posts! I am having the same problem and thought I was the only one!

Does anyone know if it's a driver issue or a panel issue? I can take mine back and swap it for another one. However if I'm just going to have the same problem I'd like to same myself the trip.

Currently turning off G-Sync has sorted the issue, but as others have said. Very hard to justify a $1,000 TN Panel without G-Sync

Sys Specs:

Intel 3960x
    3-way SLI EVGA 780 Classified
    16gb RAM
    Both Windows Technical Preview and Window 8.1 tested.

Well, it's flickering even without g-sync on mine, but only after a few hours of playing. It was even flickering in BIOS once so I doubt it' a driver issue.
    Intel i5-2500K // ASUS Sabertooth P67 MB (BIOS 3602) // 8GB RAM // ASUS Nvidia Geforce TITAN (BIOS 80.10.39.00.0A) // Windows 7x64 with all latest updates and drivers // ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q // ASUS RT-AC68U

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2