cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POPPING AUDIO NOISE ON ASUS G74SX-TZ056V

Symho
Level 7
Hi,

I have a problem with my speakers, that playback a noise sound when they are active.
The italian asistance want take my PC for repair but i have read in this forum there is a solution for this problem. Is thi solution official? I hope that Chastity can answer or other moderator to my question.

Thanks for all!
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black
37 REPLIES 37

JRd1st
Level 12
Describe the sound. Is is a fuzzy or buzz when the sound is loud? Like a kazoo?

Is it an occasional popping sound?

Do you hear it all the time the speakers are playing? Does bass cause it more that high notes?

Does this only happen when your wifi is active?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
Describe the sound. Is is a fuzzy or buzz when the sound is loud? Like a kazoo?

Is it an occasional popping sound?

Do you hear it all the time the speakers are playing? Does bass cause it more that high notes?

Does this only happen when your wifi is active?

I don't know which is the differance between buzz o fuzzy but i'm sure that is a bass sound, so i don't think is a buzz. This problem happen before an audio source is playback, and in the bios too. I believe that is a supply problem. It is not a Wi-fi noise. HELP! 🙂

JRd1st
Level 12
If this notebook is new, return it for an exchange. Let the retailer and Asus have the problem. If you RMA it you may not have a notebook for weeks and when you get it returned you never know what you'll get ...

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Yes it is new but i don't want return back my note for the reason that you have post. So if is necessary i'll do! 😞

I didn't know you heard noise in BIOS, too! You may have a bad power brick. Do you hear the noise when on battery only?

Either way, if you hear noises in BIOS there's a 99% chance it's hardware. Bring it back and get a new one!

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
I didn't know you heard noise in BIOS, too! You may have a bad power brick. Do you hear the noise when on battery only?

Either way, if you hear noises in BIOS there's a 99% chance it's hardware. Bring it back and get a new one!

Thank you, I'll do!

Symho wrote:
Thank you, I'll do!

No, wait! Try this first! Chances are if it's this same issue you'll have the same problem with the replacement.

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?4943-G74SX-sound-problem&p=36096&viewfull=1#post36096
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool:

He says he even hears popping when he's in the BIOS...

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
He says he even hears popping when he's in the BIOS...

Yes, as did the other poster. The card makes noise when powering on and making sound for the first time after the laptop is powered on, the registry setting I linked to prevents the card from going to sleep and that prevents future "pops" once Windows is booted.
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool: