New ROGer Array

Asus Hero VII: Sound crackling and popping.

Well there have been a few topics on this already, and a much larger topic concerning the Hero VI and sound cracking/popping, but I thought I'd make another to try get this some more attention (that it deserves).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My setup:

4790k (Stock).
    Tri-x r9 290 (Stock).
    Hero VII.
    Samsung evo 840 SSD / WD 500gb HDD.
    Windows 7 Home premium 64.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've currently got all the ASUS software and drivers installed via the ASUS webpage and have flashed to the latest BIOS (1002 as of this post)

I'm plugged in with a stereo headset via the back connections (front ones give too much noise but that's to be expected I guess). This was a fresh install obviously about 2 weeks ago, the problems have been here ever since I put the Rig together.

So the issue is that when a sound is played or stopped an audible "popping" will also be played. That's quite annoying, especially if you have windows sounds turned on. There is also crackling to be heard especially when using VOIP program's, Mumble seems effected by this (for me) a lot, Skype and vent are effected just not quite as much in my experience. The crackling is quite loud and annoying.

The problem DISAPPEARS COMPLETELY with no Realtek audio drivers installed. I've tried all versions listed on the vii hero's webpage, the latest one lets me eliminate some of the sound crackling/popping but not completely;

I've tried messing with all sorts of settings but in some form the popping/crackling is always there. With a combination of some settings I've managed to get it to the crackling during random usage has been eliminated apart from when using VOIP, its still quite bad there. The popping upon audio starting or stopping is there just not too evident or annoying.

Does anyone have a similar experience? It's quite annoying and not what you expect of ASUS. Especially considering the problem was with the VI Hero, now with the VII hero and yet no proper fixes are to be found.

New ROGer Array

Hi did you solve your problem ? Iam having the same issue.

ROG Member Array

Same problem here...
    Sound poppping at start or stop...
    My setup
    Z97 Ranger
    840pro
    7 64 premium
    And all the last drivers for the motheboard.

If you find a solution, don't forget to return here and explain
    Thanks.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

http://station-drivers.com/index.php...2-7x-7348-whql hope these drivers help latest driver 2014/ 08 I get popping only with certain asus drivers non with this driver , ive gone to every mother board driver page , there are so many different drivers from asus from 2012 to oct 2014 , some mother board drivers are really out of date by almost 2 years.
    Last edited by toronto699; 10-11-2014 at 11:28 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

The Asus drivers are terrible drivers , they are poorly written , the front and rear speakers are reversed in 5.1 and in order to get 5.1 u must set speakers to 7.1... if u try the drivers from Realtek the driver preforms as they should. iv tried 6 different asus drivers all have same problem. speaker reverse and pops but if install drivers from other PC brands they seem to work as advertised. I think a mistake was made long ago and never fixed by asus sure they may update the driver but the same speaker issues remain {reverse speakers and pops} and some asus drivers are louder than other asus drivers its hit and miss with asus sound drivers , the asus sound driver for my motherboard has not been updated in a year at its driver page
    Last edited by toronto699; 10-12-2014 at 02:38 AM.

New ROGer Array

If you have a second monitor, try unplugging it from the graphics card. I wound up enabling processor graphics to run my second display and my DPC latency plummeted.

ROG Member Array

I have the same issue with Asus Maximus VII Ranger. I have intel i7 4790K, Asus GTX 980 strix, 16GB Hyper X Fury 1600mhz DDR3 RAM... Cracking and popping sound all the time when sounds start from silent. Very irritating when chatting etc. where short sounds are played frequently, causing popping everytime. I have tried different realtek drivers but no luck. Worked when I uninstalled Asus and Realtek's drivers completely, but then sound didn't work in Skype anymore.

New ROGer Array

Can Asus do something about it?
    The problem is still there and nothing as been said from Asus.

Can we atleast know if Asus knows about the problem?!

ROG Enthusiast Array

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...me-lost-signal

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-sound-problem

Reply from Asus, rma this if you cannot handle it... Well, if you ask me, this is a driver issue, not by hardware imho. But wont rma my board for this to get the trick, if the rumors should be true such a rma takes month in demanding by asus.