Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

yes you can use the top of the res as inlet but if there is no restriction for the air it will go to the highest point.
    witch woulda been a rad in top if you had one there.
    small cases is a pain to built a custom loop inside if you dont do your planing up front.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mike Kelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    yes you can use the top of the res as inlet but if there is no restriction for the air it will go to the highest point.
    witch woulda been a rad in top if you had one there.
    small cases is a pain to built a custom loop inside if you dont do your planing up front.
    Im just going to use the top as a refill port. I ordered some more parts, and some will come on saturday
    but the others wont be here until Monday, so I may just have to put off doing anything until they arrive.
    I just dont want to have to open everything up more then one time for now, as I want to be able to
    keep using this PC and not have it down. I have a imac mini I can use to go online, but I love my PC !!!

hehehe, a nice tip if you put vaseline on the outside of the tubing where the compression fittings comes it will be easyer to take it off again, try it on a short tube if you have cut one or miss cut one.
    test and see if it works.

24 hour WC test only has 6 hours to go

Only 6 more hours before I put the sound card and 2 GPU's in and fire it up !!!

I was so lucky that I was able to move the entire HD tray right into the
    3 empty bays under the DVD. I used tie wraps to lift up the
    whole tray to give me room to refill the res.

I had to use three red tyraps to hold the RES and PUMP holder in place, as
    there was no place to drill holes and I did the best I could. It works !!!

Now I can put my H100i on Craigslist and use the money
    to buy a 200mm rad and fan for the front of the 650d case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24 hour WC period.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	601.7 KB 
ID:	39886

QUESTION..... My old h100i used to plug into the MB for temp control. I plugged in the
    pumps wire to the same place on the MB. Im not sure if I did the right thing ?????
    This will be good to know before I start it up.
    Last edited by Mike Kelly; 08-08-2014 at 08:02 PM. Reason: pump wire

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=805329629490060

Why did I bother with using tubes ? I could use this method ?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array skywalker311's Avatar

First I haven't look at all the post on your thread but I see you already bought a kit.
    With water cooling it best to research on water cooling for at least 2 weeks.
    Ask a lot of questions. When you jump the gun and just buy stuff.
    You end up wishing you done the research. It also best to get all your water cooling parts together so you only have to build it once. You've already had a all in one unit. But since you bought a kit get your GPU block and any other stuff you want to add and then redo your system. That way you'll only have to drain your system once this time and depending on what kind of coolant you are using it may only have to be once a year or like what I use once every two years. Just do your research and ask as many questions as possible and you should be good.
    There are some great water cooling forum's. Ask the guys at frozen or performance cpu if you get stuck.
    The forum sites are overclockers, overclock.net, Xtreme systems to name a few.
    Last edited by skywalker311; 08-09-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
    EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

Name:	all done.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	677.8 KB 
ID:	39919

The whole thing went together like I planned and worked out really well. I really appreciate the help and advice I received here and feel pretty good about how things came out. I'm now selling my old Amiga 500 and hope to use that money if it sells soon to buy a 200mm Rad and Fan for the front where there is lots of room.

I guess I could cut a little of that hose off, but I wanted to have lots of room to put the gpu cards in.

Well I searched for "using D5 pump into cpu header" or something like that and found out that I could have burned out
    my MBs circuit as the pump is putting out way more volts and that I should NOT connect that where I did.
    I pulled it out, and put it into the one underneath ( cpu fan ) and it shows 5700 rpm or so. I decided not to do that
    either and pulled it out. I get a cpu fan error, but my pc boots up quickly and I can always just plug in a simple fan.

My new problem is I am now over heating too much. When I run just the cpu only on aida 64, its great. When I click on FPU
    I get 99 to 100C and shut it off right away. When I put my tim on my cpu, I used a gloved finger and spread it all over the
    cpu. If I have to thick of a coat, or if I cranked down the heatsink too tight, is this why ????

The last time I used the H100i, I used one pea sized drop in the middle and had great temps, but when I took off the heatsink to
    replace with my new WC loop, there were dry spots on the cpu, so that is why I went with the cover the whole thing this time.

I need some advice with this, as playing battlefield 4 I am at 97 c and it was never that high before, so I know something is very wrong.

This is without the FPU being checked off on aida 64

Name:	8-10-2014 1-51-41 AM.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	404.6 KB 
ID:	39938

When I read the instructions, it mentioned to be sure to tear off the plastic covering on the copper heatsink. I had done a
    24 hour leak test and had left it on, because I had left the heatsink off of the cpu socket, in case of leaks. I did tear off the large
    piece of plastic...........but low and behold, there was a smaller thinner piece on the copper that I did not see !!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:	plastic.jpg 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	39952

I cleaned off the too thick tim and did a small up and down line, as my 4790K Die is rectangular.
    Once I pulled off the small piece of plastic that was causing the majority of the problems, my
    temps are not at 82C running everything full on aida 64. Life is good again !!!!

I added a small fan pointing at the Ram as well.

dont know why this is sideways....oh well

Name:	added fan.jpg 
Size:	833.0 KB 
ID:	39953

well you have the option on fancontroller to controll the pump.
    what sort of pump is it ( on cell here so ).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast