cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on what WC parts I should get.

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_946&products_id...

I only have a H100i hooked up to my cpu right now. I would like to run water through my new VII formula. I was thinking about just doing separate pump and Res and two Rads or something, and just am not sure what the best things are for my setup.

There are so many places to buy things, and so much available...... I was hoping that someone who is familiar with loops to please give me some advice. I have about 300 dollars to spend. I have lots of room inside my case:

Ive seen the Exos-2.5 (EX2-1055) Cooling System, Aluminum [no nozzles] , but would rather have separates.
Eventually I will buy the WC blocks for my two GPU's, but they are 100 each, plus the fitting to join both gpu's
together.

I can fit a rad inside the front of my 650D case and use the large fan that is there. I can put a new rad on top with two
fans under the rad, and the large fan on top the way it is now with the H100I.

I would appreciate any help, Its better to get advice from others who have done a loop and tried the products, then just blindly jump into it.

I know my H100i has a aluminum Rad, and that is not good for my new COPPER VII Formula. I do not want to use
mixed material and dont understand all of the materials out there that are available.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!
80 REPLIES 80

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
Well this site has been down for a few days, so I was not able to get any info on here. I went ahead and ordered a kit from FrozenCPU.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21641/ex-wat-275/XSPC_Raystorm_AX240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_C...

I ordered the kit with two 45 degree extra fittings so that the jump from the CPU to the MB , which is very close.
I just ordered two more 90 degree fittings as well. I need 10 fittings in all.

I will sell my H100i and use the money to buy another small Rad and Fan for the front of my 650 D case.

kkn
Level 14
that rad will fit in the top, but not shure if the EK one would since it is 64mm and would come in conflict whit the NB cooling.
always remember to meshure from roof and downwards and include ticknes of fans until first obsticle to get max lenght.
if it is a 280 rad for ex ( 2 x 140mm ) it will hit the mobo, a 240 ( 2x 120 ) it will have a lill more clerance.
when filling the loop i use to have top rad loose so i get all the air out of it ( or else it will not perform as it should ).
do not overtighten or use too long screws or you may damage/puncture the radiator.
and have in/outlet on bottom of reservoar to prevent air coming to the top of your loop and make problems for you.

kkn wrote:
that rad will fit in the top, but not shure if the EK one would since it is 64mm and would come in conflict whit the NB cooling.
always remember to meshure from roof and downwards and include ticknes of fans until first obsticle to get max lenght.
if it is a 280 rad for ex ( 2 x 140mm ) it will hit the mobo, a 240 ( 2x 120 ) it will have a lill more clerance.
when filling the loop i use to have top rad loose so i get all the air out of it ( or else it will not perform as it should ).
do not overtighten or use too long screws or you may damage/puncture the radiator.
and have in/outlet on bottom of reservoar to prevent air coming to the top of your loop and make problems for you.

Its almost the same RAD as what the H100i is.
H100i = 120mm x 275mm x 27mm
AX240 = 128 x 286 x 40 I hope it works out, it has brackets for mounting on top, so I should be ok no matter what.

Once its all set, I will sell my H100i and use that money to buy a small rad and fan for the front of the 650 case. Rads dont restrict flow like
CPU blocks, so the extra rad would be good for when I want to do my 2 gtx 860's. At 100 per card for a waterblock, I cant help but
wonder if its a little too expensive for any gain I may get ? I dont see any used ones for sale, and I dont think I can just do one without
also doing the other. The two cards really made a BIG difference in playing BF4 on three screens in Ultra.

kkn wrote:

Its almost the same RAD as what the H100i is.
H100i = 120mm x 275mm x 27mm
AX240 = 128 x 286 x 40
I hope it works out, it has brackets for mounting on top, so I should be ok no matter what.

Once its all set, I will sell my H100i and use that money to buy a small rad and fan for the front of the 650 case. Rads dont restrict flow like CPU blocks, so the extra rad would be good for when I want to do my 2 gtx 860's. At 100 per card for a waterblock, I cant help but
wonder if its a little too expensive for any gain I may get ? I dont see any used ones for sale, and I dont think I can just do one without also doing the other. The two cards really made a BIG difference in playing BF4 on three screens in Ultra.

Would anyone happen to even know just WHAT will be cooled by using the WC ports on the VII Formula with
the copper bus ???? Thanks, I have not found an answer for this yet. I dont know if the chipset or what will
benifit from this.

abvolt
Level 11
Have you looked at the swiftech h220x less money very highly rated also..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

abvolt wrote:
Have you looked at the swiftech h220x less money very highly rated also..

I already purchased the other kit, but thank you for the info.
I have to WC more then just the CPU, I want to do my MB as well as eventually my two GPU's.

kkn
Level 14
only the mosfets under the nb.
it would help them to run a lill cooler bot the notice would be on realy high oc.

kkn wrote:
only the mosfets under the nb.
it would help them to run a lill cooler bot the notice would be on realy high oc.

I would LOVE to be able to get my 4790K up to 5.0 !!! So far I only have done 4.6

I am not familiar with the new bios and am waiting for someone to come out with a guide for the M7F.

I lowered my 2400 RAM to 1600, as I was taught to start small and work my way up slowly. (Thank you Nate)

Hi Mike, the z97 RoG bios is similar to the z87 Rog.

Here is JJ,an Asus Engineer, doing an indepth manual overclocking on a z87 Hero(RoG bios)

http://youtu.be/Z7zPu9255ZI

and TTL from OC3D doing the explanation z97 RoG bios at about 16:08

http://youtu.be/q36Ma_y5NTo

Hope this helps