Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mike Kelly's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	650D WC System.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	715.4 KB 
ID:	39798

I rinsed out my RAD over and over with distilled water. Shook it up really well and feel its clean of debris. I then boiled 3/4's of a gallon of distilled water, and am waiting for it to cool down before I put some in my system and test bench it on my living room table. Good thing I have a back up PSU.
    I wont be able to test the fittings for the MB WC'ing just yet, and hope that I can just take out the video cards and do a 30 min test just for those two fittings, or do you suggest something else ?
    There is not a lot of room in my case, and I hope once I bolt on the reservoir/pump that I have
    enough room for the 200mm Rad and fan in the front of the 650D case.
    I ordered a G1/4 fitting that is special for the top of the res, so that I can do refills in the future.
    I have to figure out what to cap off the end of the tube with ???
    Thank You all for your help. Im going to do a 24 hour test once the boiling water cools down.
    Mike

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14...tl=g30c101s460

kinda like that one, or if you have a "plug" that fits inside the tubing witch you can use a zip tie to secure the tubing to it so it dont pops of.
    and keep it higher then the res.

planing is the best thing when it comes to WC, or else it can cost you a bit more, forgot things like this and that ,and that adds up on the price :P
    trust me on this, ive been there and done that.
    got a case of 10+ fans laying around witch i have not even plugged in to power at all since i bought em.

Name:	air in res.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	591.9 KB 
ID:	39819

I have been running the system for an hour and no problems except I cant get rid of the air bubble in the Res.
    No matter what I shake or tip or do, I cant get any more water into the res. No bubbles are flowing in the
    tubes, and its silent as can be. What to do ???

Name:	2 90 degree will work.jpg 
Size:	609.7 KB 
ID:	39821

I did a test fit on my old mb, as the holes are the same. I measured how high up the
    cpu heatsink will fit and the 2 90 degree fittings will be perfect to join the cpu to the MB.
    I sure am glad that they are swivels, as they would not have gone on, had they not been.
    I would not have liked using two straights with a big loop.

before connecting it all to pump and res, take and pinch close one end of the loop and blow air in to the other end just to see if there "may" be a no seal on the NB ( cooler on the mosfets ).
    or see if the fittings are avoiding hitting the edges of the armor that sits over the north bridge cooler.
    there was one who had a leak becouse the fitting touched it.

and the air in the res and tubings, dont think about it, it will go away in the end, and no need to over fill the reservoar.
    when you emtied the rad for air and the cpu cooler, let there be a couple centimeters left before the coolant hits the lid.
    Last edited by kkn; 08-06-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post

kinda like that one, or if you have a "plug" that fits inside the tubing witch you can use a zip tie to secure the tubing to it so it dont pops of.
    and keep it higher then the res.

Name:	2 more.jpg 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	39823

I ordered that part and another 90. Now I can use the special G1/4 part I ordered to install a 90 fitting and I have one straight compression fitting left over, so I can then come out of the top of the RES and have 5 inches of tube with the cap on the very end to use for refilling the res.

Thank You for the help !!!!
    Last edited by Mike Kelly; 08-06-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Thank You for the advice about testing the VII mb with air to check for leaks. I have to take the MB out of the case in order to
    put the back.......oh wait, I dont I can put the back plate on through the hole in the case. Thank God !!! It was very hard to
    screw that in to the case. I was going to say I would take the mb out and can pre test it on the workbench, but Now I realize
    how hard that would be. I did buy the 30 dollar accidental insurance policy, so I should be covered ( hope that includes water
    as the MB is MEANT to be WC'ed. Thanks for advice and help, I appreciate it very much.

over time only a drop or 2 will go away
    have you tought over how to emty and refill the system whit out too mutch hassel and spill?
    like i said, always gets expensive in the end when one forgets things.
    if you have the option to change the order, take a look at this, ill give you 2 options and you desside what you will do it.

quick disconnects -> http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18...l=g30c405s1867
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/25...l=g30c405s1867
    i have 2 sets of quick disconnects to emty my loop, this since i have 1.5 litre of fluid in it.
    i can just poure it straight in to a bowl or enny thing whit out a total mess sorta.

or whit a T fitting to drain ->
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20...tl=g30c499s745
    or -> http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15...tl=g30c499s745

for the last one you need 4 fittings, 3 on the Y and 1 on the valve.

the last example is mabye the cheapest so think about it, and what would be the best way for you whit out too mutch hazzle to emty the loop and fill it up again whit fluid.

I bought a special G1/4 fitting for the top of my D5 Photon. I unscrew the top and replace it with the G1/4 fitting. Now I put a 90 degree into the G1/4 and then a straight compression into that. The clear hose goes into that compression fitting and runs out 7 inches ( later can be tucked into the empty top bays ) and then I put the new barbed fitting I just ordered into the hose, and it has a cap that plugs it up.

I can make the tube longer, but dont you think this should work ok ????? Thanks !!!

(( Instructions say that I can use the top as an inlet as well )) so later I can always change things around with some of the parts you mentioned if my way is not good

That Bitspower G1/4" Mini Valve sure is sharp looking !!! LOL
    Last edited by Mike Kelly; 08-06-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast