cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG front base hero7

Mentas
Level 7
hi, i must be blind, i cant find the firmware on the rog front base support page, i only see a driver but not the firmware to flash the base. can someone please point to the exact location.

my front base has no sticker on the back. i have to flash i think

Open the FW update tool
2.Choose the “WB035v35.h00” file where you extracted the three files
3.Press Start
4.When finished, it will show “ROG Front Base update –Pass”
5.Turn off the system and remove the AC power for at least 5 seconds
15 REPLIES 15

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Mentas, Have you seen this tutorial: http://rog.asus.com/317732014/maximus-motherboards/front-base-upgrade-guide-for-maximus-vii-motherbo...

Get Firmware update here; http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk/

ROG Front Base drivers are located in Utilities section.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Mentas
Level 7
i have done that my guess is that the firmware is in the driver file where it says asus setup ,not very clear but i will try

MeanMachine
Level 13
Yes, Just extract the zip file and launch ASUS setup.exe
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Mentas
Level 7
well i have updated but cant control the fans and the buttons dont seem to work, Reinstalled ai suite but nothing seems to work

MaxTheDragon
Level 7
Can you use the USB charger functionality?

Power down your system, but leave the PSU on so that the motherboard is in the 'soft-off' (S5) state, then rotate the knob until it says USB(S) where (S) is the lightning bolt symbol. Now press the knob to confirm. Try charging a device like a smartphone with it. If this fails, or you somehow cannot get the USB(S) mode to display, you'll know something is wrong with the front base itself.

Mentas
Level 7
i got it working, there is a exe in the rog file on the driver set, Asus needs to to improve instructions on this, when i click the OC button the pc as hard crash have to power down.its a neat "gadget" but needs to improve on the software or firmware side i guess.

Mentas
Level 7
well, updated the hero7 bios a few days a go and the rog front base wont show the cpu freq anymore.

i have removed the driver and did a fresh install and still nothing, the firmware is up to date.

really starting to regrete having buying this

Mentas wrote:
well, updated the hero7 bios a few days a go and the rog front base wont show the cpu freq anymore.

i have removed the driver and did a fresh install and still nothing, the firmware is up to date.

really starting to regrete having buying this

Hi!
I have the same problem with my new PC 😞
With the default bios the front panel show the cpu freq, after I upgrade at the latest bios, it show 0.000Ghz :c
And, both first that now, i can't controll the fan speed :c
I installed the driver of the panel and hero7.
My front panel have the FW40, i tryed to reflash the same FW using the guide, but nothing...
Please can someone help us ?
Thanks.

I have the same problem.. the problem is arise after updating maximus vii hero bios