cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my new ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q - Blurry text and bad quality overall

arnamide
Level 7
Hello guys,

I've been using my Swift monitor for like 1 week now. And my experience of the monitor is very good but, yesterday when i started my computer i saw some strange "color aura" around the text in Windows and all kinds of web browsers. First i thought it was my eyes, but i asked my girlfriend and she saw it aswell. I've been testing on other computers to see if it was my setup that was wrong. But they all have the same problem. And i realized that it only shows when im going at 2560x1440 @ 144hz. If im turning down the Hz to 100hz the effect is not that visable, but it's there. At 60Hz @ 1920x1080p the problem does not exist at all?

What can be my problem here? I've already tested different drivers etc..

I will try to put up an image on my problem but it's hard to get it on camera. It's almost needed to be seen with the eyes.

60hz @ 2560x1440

144hz @ 2560x1440
184 REPLIES 184

kkn
Level 14
did the aura go away after a few mins or did it stil stay there?

kkn wrote:
did the aura go away after a few mins or did it stil stay there?

It's still there, no matter what i do 😞 Its hard to describe how it feels, but it like when you're trying to read something when you are really tired. It's blurry, and the edges are not sharp at all. And the text feels smaller than before. Note: this problems are visible when im using 2560x1440 @ 144hz. Any lower resolution or refreshrate is acceptable but not as perfect as it was when i first started the monitor 😞

kkn
Level 14
did you change enny thing or instal enny thing before this happened??
try and reseat the dp cable on both monitor and pc side.

kkn wrote:
did you change enny thing or instal enny thing before this happened??
try and reseat the dp cable on both monitor and pc side.

Nope, nothing changed. I've tried that several times. Unplug all power cables on both computer and monitor, replaced the DP cable in both ends of the cable. Still the same problem 😞

arnamide wrote:
replaced the DP cable in both ends of the cable.
<- ???
well last guess.
try and reinstall nvidia program again and leave out the experience program ( custom instal )

kkn wrote:
<- ???
well last guess.
try and reinstall nvidia program again and leave out the experience program ( custom instal )

Still the same problem, i guess i'll have to send it back as RMA 😕

X-ROG
Level 15
Please check the pixel response setting in the monitors settings. Set this to off. If still an issue, please contact your retailer for an exchange.

Please also make sure you keep updating the Nvidia drivers to the latest version, the G-Sync compatibility is under constant development.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Please check the pixel response setting in the monitors settings. Set this to off. If still an issue, please contact your retailer for an exchange.

Please also make sure you keep updating the Nvidia drivers to the latest version, the G-Sync compatibility is under constant development.

I've contacted the retailer and im sending it in tomorrow.

Hi guys,

FYI, I'm having the exact same issue. The best way I've been able to reproduce the problem is by displaying a horizontal line on the screen (1 px tall). What I've noticed is that on each alternate line, the contrast of the line reduces along the width of the screen. From about 1/3 of the way across the contrast is almost nothing. This then repeats apx every alternate line, resulting in a 'blurry' text appearance on anything displayed on the right hand side of the screen. By reducing the refresh rate from 144 Hz to 60 Hz, the 'reduced contrast' effect turns into a flashing effect.

Needless to say I've initiated an RMA.

UPDATE

still have the problem, I can can get the same issue on different cables and on different PC's.