Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Yea I was going to go for an rma on this thing, now I just want my money back. on Overclock.net its starting to get a bad wrap to with all the issues. Feel sorry tho receiving it back in that state.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Same experience here concerning RMA. ASUS is a friggin joke....no product of that ****ty company EVER AGAIN. My woes were ignored, downplayed, delayed etc.
    Sorry, but a broken product (although on this scale it shouldn´t) can happen, but that goddamn crappy customer service should NEVER happen.

I paid extra for ASUS´quality, but honesltly, I can buy a decent mainboard from EVGA and at least receive a perfect customer service experience, should something go wrong.

Last time ever and I REALLY hope that the word will spread. 800€ for nothing, thanks ASUS.

BTW, did one offical ASUS guy post a single thing in this forum so far?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just got my monitor back from RMA. I thought it happened too quickly; they didnt fix a damn thing. It's exactly the same as before I shipped it to them.

Adding insult to injury they shipped it in extremely slapdash and shoddy fashion, the monitor was disassembled and banging around without any padding around it.

Just awful. Anyone have any advice on how to deal with this situation? I bought from Amazon and it has been more than 30 days so I don't know how to get a refund.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I am talking to ASUS right now; the notes from the service techs claim they could see no problem. I'm thinking they don't have any clue what they are doing with this technology and weren't using Displayport, GSYNC, ULMB, or 144hz. Secondly, sometimes if you leave the monitor unplugged for a few hours the problem temporarily goes away so its possible they really didn't see a problem. But it recurred within 5 minutes of me plugging it in.

I'm kind of at a loss how to proceed. Can't get a refund from Amazon, swapping for a new one would be great but they're never in stock so who knows how long that will take, and I have ZERO confidence sending the monitor back to the guys who failed to fix it the first time will accomplish anything.

So, yeah, kind of frustrated.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Try it via Amazon. I´ve had success with some other devices a while ago - although they first told me to contact the manufacturer - they were helping me after I told them that it didn´t work out. If you bought it from Amazon (not marketplace) they will usually be quite helpful - if they can. But that is pretty much your last resort.
    Selling is something anyone should rule out, at least from what I´ve heard. From what I understand ASUS will only give warranty to the initial buyer, so pretty much noone would buy an 800€ Monitor without warranty.

I honestly have no idea. I am in the same boat and honestly, this is pissing me off so much that I can´t even tell you....
    This company´s customer service is so unbelievably bad that I wonder how the heck anyone can buy stuff from them. I really really hope that a decent company like EVGA will start producing a Monitor with GSYNC.

Well...gonna use my 250€ Lenovo now...at least that thing does come with on Site service and will be replaced if something happens.

BTW. Did ANYONE in the Forums here, ever get any response or reply by an ASUS rep? It feels as if they are ignoring us all.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks, I'll try to figure something out. By the way guys, here is how the repair place "packed" my monitor for shipment: http://i.imgur.com/Ub02ZyQ.jpg

Gives you a great deal of confidence in them when they say they didn't see a problem, doesn't it?

ROG Member Array

Well, honestly after having the exact same problem and having shipped the monitor for RMA two days ago i don't expect to get a working display back. I ll have to deal with the fact that i through 800 euro (+ 65 for shipping to retailer) out the window. I ll live but will never ever pay a single penny to ASUS again in my whole life. I will also make sure that friends and family who get advice about computer stuff from me will not either

ROG Member Array

Man you guys are scaring me. My monitor works at 144hz with clear text but there is pulsating. I don't notice the text blur while gaming. Such a weird issue. I haven't sent it in yet. Planning on sending it in today or tomorrow. But I'm staying away from Asus from now on after this.

They don't say anything like if this could be fixed with firmware.

ROG Member Array

You guys have officially scared me to death. Only have mine a few days, and its still fine, but thinking about returning now. Absolutely unbelievable

New ROGer Array

Yeah, Never making this mistake again! I've had ASUS products in every pc that I've built for myself and others for the last 12 or so years. Not Anymore! I can't believe they would release their flag**** (not a mistake) monitor in this condition, I've initiated an RMA but WHO KNOWS when i'll get one that actually works...

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast