Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Yep, I am having same problem, happened all of a sudden. I get flickering at 60hz, unreadable text at 144hz.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Please call your local ASUS support to arrange an exchange.

New ROGer Array

Retailer picking it up today, thanks

ROG Member Array

Hey

FYI. I have the exact same problem. The monitor was running fine for about 1 week, first on my AMD 290x and lastly on GTX 780ti, but then i noticed the blurry text (which makes reading this forum with white on black almost impossible). Turning refresh to 60hz makes the effect more like a flashing set of noisy stripes.

Will RMA mine when the dealer gets new supplies.

Your picture at Overclockers.UK Paramo looks exactely the same as what i see on my monitor.

New ROGer Array

Having this problem as well after using the monitor for 3 weeks. Was pure bliss until the lines and blurry text appeared!
    The effect is much more pronounced on the right side of the screen, but if you look closely it's still there on the left as well. Setting refresh to 60hz makes the whole screen flicker like mad. Tried a lot of different setting, different graphics card, drivers, ... but nothing could fix it.

It's at least nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem, have seen people talk about it on the Overclock forum as well. Going to call Asus tomorrow and ask for a replacement, but I have a dreadful feeling it could happen to any screen after X amount of use or at random times in the future...

New ROGer Array

I got my rog swift earlier today and it looked amazing. However, after a crash in bf4 the display started acting up in a very similar way as described in this thread. Horizontal grayish lines, flickering, and deformed fonts. I have tried changing resolution and refresh rate, reinstalled drivers, unplugging the screen, and disabling secondary monitors without finding a solution. Anyone had any further success with resolving this issue?

Update. After contacting asus as well as the retailer, I am preparing to return the monitor for evaluation, and hopefully an exchange for a fully functioning one.
    Last edited by Pontus; 09-01-2014 at 03:16 PM.

New ROGer Array

Mark me down for the exact same problem.

My monitor was perfect for 3 weeks (bought 8-26-2014). Pixel perfect, hardly any black light bleed, and I was really happy with the monitor overall. I could never get 144hz to work (or 100+ for that matter) due to bad AMD drivers, but overall it was a great.

I was using the monitor one night and everything was fine. I was on desktop browsing the web, then all of the sudden horizontal lines appeared. This is NOT a driver issue. The horizontal lines appears at bios boot screen (before drivers load) and also on the Asus splash screen when you turn the monitor on.

Very unfortunate Submitted an RMA request.

New ROGer Array

Just thought I'd made an account to report I've just started having exactly the same issue.

I was browsing the internet and all of a sudden boom, text became very difficult to read. Reading this forum is near impossible. Disappointing really considering the price of this monitor, you'd expect the QA was better quite frankly.

I'm returning it tomorrow for a replacement, hopefully the second panel won't have this issue. Possibly a bad batch? I'd like to think so...

UPDATE

Okay if I enable ULMB the issue goes away completely? As soon as I disable it again text is fuzzy. What's going on?

UPDATE 2

ULMB seems to be now dying, I'm getting flickering where the lines are appearing every so often.
    Last edited by antz123; 09-21-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: new info.

New ROGer Array

Same here, i can use ULMB as a temporary fix. I think there is a firmware problem with this monitor. At one point i even had to turn off ulmb to turn it on.

At this point for me:
    60hz = unreadable
    120hz = unreadable
    144hz = everything is fine for a litle while, then flickering/unreadable
    ULMB = image quality is normal, text is fine

I'm gona wait a couple of weeks before i'm sending this one back (this is already my 2end pg278q, the first one was even worse). I hope asus will fix all the current issues with flickering/vertical lines/...

Can someone from Asus confirm they know there are problems and that they are fixing it ?

New ROGer Array

Same thing just happened to mine. I was browsing the web and the horizontal lines appeared. Nothing will get rid of them and the text is very blurry. I purchased at NCIX in Canada and it's past the 30 days so will I need to deal with ASUS RMA in Canada?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast