Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Tried to start the return process by opening a service case with ASUS today with the goal of a quick RMA but, hey, their support website is crapping out with a "CONNECTION FAILED" error when I try to submit the ticket. Maybe I need to start a support ticket for my support ticket.

Heck of a job, ASUS!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Here is a good picture of the horrific flickering and strobing lines on the right side of my PG278Q. It's quite visible against the gray background of whatever test page I had up. Now imagine those lines STROBING AND FLICKERING AND GIVING YOU A MIGRAINE.

http://i.imgur.com/bWX21EP.jpg

ROG Member Array

Created an account to post that mine has died in the same way.

EVERYTHING is a blurry mess. The monitor looks like I am running 640x480 scaled up on a 27" monitor...that's how damn bad it looks. I have tried the following with no success:

SLI On and Off
    G-SYNC On and Off
    ULMB On and off
    Change Resolution
    Change Refresh rate (Infact, 60Hz shows the problem less. Higher refresh rates seem fine.
    Cycled Power.
    Cycled DP cable
    Cycled Windows Scaling Settings
    Cycled Windows dual display setting
    Rebooted system
    Turned off system
    Physically removed power from monitor and reapplied
    Booted into Linux to rule out OS issue

Even the NO SIGNAL red bounding box appears to be blurry and flickery. It's definitely the hardware messing up, my HP IPS monitor is perfectly fine. hugely unimpressed and disappointed I have to send a £600 item back for reaplacement. Seeing the amount of posts about this, how long until the replacement fails in the same way?!

ROG Member Array

Update on what may be RMA hell with ASUS.

After creating an RMA request, shipping the unit, having it delivered to ASUS on Nov 6th, I am still waiting to hear back about what is going on with my display or as much as a delivery estimate or timeframe to get my unit back from ASUS.

When I check my RMA# online, its states "Product repair is in progress."

When I called in to check in on my RMA by calling, the agent I spoke with said that her notes show that the unit is in "repair" status and that a "model change has been requested". Needless to say I never saw, received or approved for a model change.

Does this means that the "model change" request came from the repair center, I asked? I made it clear to the tech I spoke with that I do not want another model but if ASUS is fixing a flaw in the design and resending RMA's of the PG278Q with say a PG278Q-B or something then sure I'm all for whatever it takes but would not be accepting a lesser spec'ed unit.

The tech said that she sent in the email with my concerns to the RMA center, is waiting to hear back, and will forward a response on to me.

Don't know how many of you are in the same boat I am, but I would urge those that have RMA requests in to follow up with ASUS and pressure to make this right. At the moment, very disappointed to have paid $800 for this experience.

ROG Member Array

Called ASUS support on the number given. Woefully inadequate. Basically said "go to this website, we cannot advise or help you."

Have stated that in no circumstances will a new product will be sent but a refurbished one will be. I quote:

"When an old faulty one is available and refurbished that will be sent to you. Yours will then be refurbished and sent to the next person who has a faulty monitor"

It was said with pride like it was a top tier resolution........

Just completed the Web based form and had to re-do it as you can only use 150 characters to describe the fault. I cannot even BEGIN to describe the problem in 150 characters. No doubt I am going to receive some "Checklist" of troubleshooting to perform in 48 hours that I have ALREADY done and cannot detail in my support submission.

Have not even received an RMA yet and the whole experience is appalling. It went something like this:

Called support - Paid 5p/minute to listen to recorded messages, pressed '4 for LCD/Displays' sat listening to music for 15 minutes to be told "No Service Advisors Available, please hold or try again later" Wanted to hool, ASUS end terminated call.

Called support again - Paid 5p/minute to listen to recorded messages, pressed '4 for LCD/Displays' sat listening to music for 15 minutes - Got through to someone to be told the above (No new unit will be sent, only a refurb when available) and that they could not process anything on the phone - Directed to uk.asus.com/rma after advisor spoke about how awesome the monitor was and that he played CS:GO. I'm glad he is enthusiastic about the product and CS:Go...but I want my monitor fixed, not having a chat at 5pence/minute.

Spent 30 minutes completing the shocking form with an extensive description of the problem and troubleshooting performed thus far. Hit 'Next' and told "Maximum of 150 characters"

Finally submitted form. No reference number given on completion, no email sent to me, no apparent way of checking the submission was made or when/if any progress will be made beyond "Will reply in 48 hours".

Just woeful.
    Last edited by Sin_Chase; 11-11-2014 at 06:48 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sin_Chase View Post
    Called ASUS support on the number given. Woefully inadequate. Basically said "go to this website, we cannot advise or help you."

Have stated that in no circumstances will a new product will be sent but a refurbished one will be. I quote:

"When an old faulty one is available and refurbished that will be sent to you. Yours will then be refurbished and sent to the next person who has a faulty monitor"

It was said with pride like it was a top tier resolution........

Just completed the Web based form and had to re-do it as you can only use 150 characters to describe the fault. I cannot even BEGIN to describe the problem in 150 characters. No doubt I am going to receive some "Checklist" of troubleshooting to perform in 48 hours that I have ALREADY done and cannot detail in my support submission.

Have not even received an RMA yet and the whole experience is appalling. It went something like this:

Called support - Paid 5p/minute to listen to recorded messages, pressed '4 for LCD/Displays' sat listening to music for 15 minutes to be told "No Service Advisors Available, please hold or try again later" Wanted to hool, ASUS end terminated call.

Called support again - Paid 5p/minute to listen to recorded messages, pressed '4 for LCD/Displays' sat listening to music for 15 minutes - Got through to someone to be told the above (No new unit will be sent, only a refurb when available) and that they could not process anything on the phone - Directed to uk.asus.com/rma after advisor spoke about how awesome the monitor was and that he played CS:GO. I'm glad he is enthusiastic about the product and CS:Go...but I want my monitor fixed, not having a chat at 5pence/minute.

Spent 30 minutes completing the shocking form with an extensive description of the problem and troubleshooting performed thus far. Hit 'Next' and told "Maximum of 150 characters"

Finally submitted form. No reference number given on completion, no email sent to me, no apparent way of checking the submission was made or when/if any progress will be made beyond "Will reply in 48 hours".

Just woeful.

I just got a reply (email) from an ASUS rep that said the repair is complete and the unit will be shipping out of the repair facility today. Wonder what they fixed because there is no statement on what was actually done.

Fingers crossed that the tech that worked on the repair actually noticed the fault (Blurry text on one side of the display, clear on the other). and didn't just power it on, said "ok this works" and said job done.

Anxiously awaiting my display back but not getting my hopes up. Will report as soon as I get it unboxed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Got my RMA just now, gonna print it out and bring it to FedEx tomorrow.

The guy said they'll try to Cross-ship a new unit to me but that it's pretty hard to get your hands a new one since they are sold out everywhere so it may just get repaired. I'd obviously rather get a new unit but if they don't have one available they don't have one available. If this one gets fixed and breaks again I'll just return it for refund and buy one of the new monitors that will probably be out in a few months.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    Got my RMA just now, gonna print it out and bring it to FedEx tomorrow.

The guy said they'll try to Cross-ship a new unit to me but that it's pretty hard to get your hands a new one since they are sold out everywhere so it may just get repaired. I'd obviously rather get a new unit but if they don't have one available they don't have one available. If this one gets fixed and breaks again I'll just return it for refund and buy one of the new monitors that will probably be out in a few months.
    ASUS will not refund you for an item bought from another retailer. I had this confirmed with their Customer 'Support'.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Super.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just looked at the shipping label and the repair center is 15 miles from where I live. I am going to see if I can simply drop it off myself and cut out the middleman.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast