cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Power brick on Europe Power #2

Zacharyp1
Level 7
Since my last post had its title changed which asked a question opposite to my problem, I'm going to do this again. I am FROM USA traveling IN EUROPE. I have AMERICAN power cable trying to run it off EUROPEAN power. I bought this converter believing it is what I need to safely do this. Please let me know if these are compatible. I have the G750JW model.
2 REPLIES 2

Maxter
Level 9
The block is designed to be plugged anywhere in the world. Europe is mostly 220V. If you see the INPUT of the block says from 100V to 240V (it'll auto-adjust accordingly), while the OUTPUT is the same anywhere (this is the juice to your computer). You can return that Voltage adaptor. What you will need will be a plug adaptor. In Europe they use round head plugs (you need to translate our flat heads + ground to the Europe one. Go to Radioshack or maybe even Homedepot or Walmart to get the European plug. Check for the INPUT in your cellphone charger too. I bet it says the same, so you can plug it anywhere too. Have fun in Europe!

Maxter
Level 9
The other thing, your Voltage adaptor has a fuse rated for 1 AMP... That's pretty low (USB is 0.5 AMP). The block demands 2.5 AMP. If you plug the block to it, it'll take forever to charge that battery... (might not even be able to). I probably wouldn't even try using the Voltage adaptor. A = AMP, think of it as a unit of electron (electricity) movement. The higher the number, the more electrons are moving per area.