cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jm and blue screen "power state failure" problem in Thailand ..

banlu
Level 7
hello there, I'm from Thailand, there are many people who bought g750jm having this BSOD power state failure problem and since they don't speak english that much leave alone googling stuff in english

they are blaming it on Hardware from Asus and the discussion is spreading about Asus quality and services, in Asus Thailand facebook page, if u can read thai you could see people are posting their problems with Asus service from not being able to solve their problems to holding their items for months not able to give proper answer on various products during RMA, they even talked about grouping up and sue Asus Thailand altogether before the admin of the page started apologizing and asked for their RMA number ( i don't know if they made any progress right now)

and i believe this happens to other countries where people don't speak english that much as well(maybe not as much as in thailand?) , Asus was 1 trusted brand in Thailand in the past but right now with problem like this, service and technician support at Asus Thailand, Lenovo is hitting people here for good and the new lenovo Y50 is pushing it up, i have posted the solution people here found about using 336.20 to fix it but don't know if that can help much

so after all, will the power state failure blue screen be fixed so we can use latest drivers? and sorry for any mistakes in english

thank you
6 REPLIES 6

hmscott
Level 12
banlu wrote:
...i have posted the solution people here found about using 336.20 to fix it but don't know if that can help much...

Use 332.60, not 336.20 🙂

Hi hmscott, im new to all this but when we first buy the g750jm fresh of the market does the device come with the latest nvidia driver? (which driver does it come with when we buy it?) thanks

hey, so a fresh g750jm comes with the 332.60 and not with the 337.88? thats great to know since the latest version seems to cause alot of a problem with this laptop.. thank you for your reply. 🙂

X-ROG
Level 15
Thank you everyone who has provided mini-dumps of BSODs so far. However Nvidia have requested our users provide a full stack dump, not mini dump, in order to accurately identify the issue. Users can PM me direct with links to full dumps then I can pass on to Nvidia R&D. Please note I only want PMs until 22nd August, please don't provide beyond this date (otherwise I'll get people sending me stuff for months!).

X-ROG
Level 15
Thank you everyone who has provided mini-dumps of BSODs so far. However Nvidia have requested our users provide a full stack dump, not mini dump, in order to accurately identify the issue. Users can PM me direct with links to full dumps then I can pass on to Nvidia R&D. Please note I only want PMs until 22nd August, please don't provide beyond this date (otherwise I'll get people sending me stuff for months!).