Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Thanks for working on this. I have the same problem with an EVGA 780Ti (only tried CIV 5 and Bioshock Infinite, both providing the same issue)

ROG Member Array Thug_bee PC Specs
    Thug_bee PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Mac Air
    MotherboardMAXIMUS V FORMULA (LGA1155)
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 3770K @ 4.7GhZ
    Memory (part number)G.Skill - F3-2400C10-4GTX
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorROG PG278Q
    Storage #1OCZ-VERTEX4
    Storage #2Crucial_CT512MX100SSD1
    CPU CoolerEK-Water
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair 850
    Keyboard Logitech K810
    Mouse Razer Mamba 2015
    Headset Sennheiser PC 350SE
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    Headset/Speakers KEF R900 7.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterDSL-N66U

Hi everyone,

when i fired up my PC for first time after when i got back from my vocation got the out of sync bug appearing in all games. Ctrl+TAB fixed the problem for short time but that was not the solution. So i found this thread and I i got really frustrated when I found out that there was problem with the NVIDIA drivers and NVIDIA control panel didn't showed the G-sync ether. Then accidentally just today I was changing power socket for all the devices so all devices were power cycled and so was the monitor. Fired up the PC and just checked now in NVIDIA Control panel and everything was fine again. So I guess the G-sync connection was not in sync with the PC at all and that was causing the the sync dropout from the games.

My monitor is now working, but the loading screens in all games are moving in tiles really strangely while games are loading.

I hope this helps!

ROG Member Array

Yes having the same problem with this monitor ,I all so had a Samsung about a year go that had the same kind of problem and that all so was Display port only monitor and the only way it could be fixed was a FIRMWARE upgrade then it worked fine ... But not so sure what this is just hope it gets fixed soon all most all the games i go to play i see this message OUT OF RANGE .....

All so some times Gsync drop out sync with windows and there will be no option .. And 50% of the time the only way to get it back is to remove the cable from the card and plug back in and the other 50% is to reboot windows ... So there is ever hardware problem where the monitor is not in sync with windows or driver problem ...... My betting is monitor .
    Last edited by mastering3d; 08-26-2014 at 10:11 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zeruel's Avatar

Oh my, all these issues with the Swift and or G-Sync.

I dont have a G-Sync capable graphics card lol, Im just using it with Intel HD 4000 lolol.

By the time the 880 comes out will all these issues be addressed?

Meh, the price to pay for being an early adopter.
    Cruel Angel
    ------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
    MB: Maximus VI Formula
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
    GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
    PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
    HDD: WD Black 2TB
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
    Mouse: MLG Sensei
    KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
    Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74's Avatar

Just installed MVIIF a couple days ago and reinstalled windows and for the first time ever started getting the "out of range" error. This has to be solely a problem with the new nvidia drivers as I am using a BenQ monitor
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ Alphacool Monsta & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    Just installed MVIIF a couple days ago and reinstalled windows and for the first time ever started getting the "out of range" error. This has to be solely a problem with the new nvidia drivers as I am using a BenQ monitor
    Your getting this message with a BenQ monitor which model ??? Are you using Display port ?? I've tried a lot of drivers and not one as fixed this problem so its some thing that as come on from past drivers if this is the case ...But I think its more a problem with Display PORT if you are seeing this all so on BenQ .... As i said in my post I had a Samsung monitor S27A750D and I was getting the message saying 'NOT OPTIMUM MODE -- 1920x1080 RECOMMENDED MODE' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBnlLvqC-1A which is pretty much the same problem as "OUT OF RANGE" And the only way Samsung fixed that monitor was to upgrade the FIRMWARE on the monitor and then it worded perfect after that and never had the problem again .

ROG Member Array

If you cant fix your pg278q, i'll buy it from you. i'll pay the same you paid for it.

New ROGer Array

Im getting the same problem with Divine divinty original sin, wasteland 2 and Pillars of eternity. Weirdly though TF2 and CSgo work fine. Might have to go back to my dell till drivers are released.

New ROGer Array

I can confirm having this issue as well. I don't know if this is coincidence or not, but the manifestation of the Out of Range error coincided with the GSync indicator LED not changing to red while in game. Reseating the cable restored LED functionality(red in-game, white out), and also eliminated the Out of Range error. The error appeared in both BF4 and AC Black Flag, and also disappeared from those titles once the LED was working correctly.
    SLI Titan Blacks, on 340.52.

New ROGer Array

Got the error on Just Cause 2 in the main menu of all places. I wasn't able to activate g-sync afterwards (the light would stay white). This is on SLI GTX 780 TIs and 340.52 drivers installed. I'm hoping it is just a driver issue because it would be pretty lame to wait for a fix that turns out to be a hardware problem. Other than this the display has been fine. The colors could be better, especially when compared to my PLS 2560x1440 monitors, but in games it looks fine and the smoothness of the 144Hz is fantastic.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast