Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

i recomend looking at the videi posted in surround demo live down in this forum tread.
    it have loads of info in it.

New ROGer Array

Hi all!

Same issue for me. Had no problems prior to today, but now most the games i run (with gtx 780 and latest drivers) i get 'out of range' and sometimes 'no signal'.

Seems a bit strange that this issue would suddenly appear after days of gaming without issue.

New ROGer Array

Same problem

I'also getting this message when switching to G-sync. Does not matter what game i play.

This is concerning; i haven't had this message before with these games. My driver isn't changed (still the current 340.52 version..)

New ROGer Array

Absolutely 'fantastic'....

I decide to upgrade my already-awesome BenQ 144Hz monitor as a treat (wanted the larger screen and higher res). Now I find I cannot use it to its full potential because of this bug.

It happens with almost every game.

Why aren't these things tested before products are released?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Kronvict PC Specs
    Kronvict PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT72 2QD Dominator
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR4
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 500GB
    Storage #2WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG RYUO
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower
    Power SupplyCougar CMX 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair Vengence K70
    Mouse ASUS ROG GX1000
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair Aluminum
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U

Quote Originally Posted by scottym View Post
    Absolutely 'fantastic'....

I decide to upgrade my already-awesome BenQ 144Hz monitor as a treat (wanted the larger screen and higher res). Now I find I cannot use it to its full potential because of this bug.

It happens with almost every game.

Why aren't these things tested before products are released?
    Is G-sync being detected in NVCP as well? If not then all you have to do is unplug power to the monitor to power cycle and replug and G-sync will be detected again and working which should sort out "out of range". It's a driver bug that nvidia is currently working on.

New ROGer Array

Same issue here with Team Fortress 2 (and everything else). Out of range issue, alt tab to windows and back works for a minute or 5, but then unplayable again. I check Nvidia control panel and Gsync isn't even an option. Confirm it's not enabled in monitor settings. Restart windows and reseat DP cable sometimes works?..if Gsync shows up in Nvidia Control Panel, everything's fine. But it's a crapshoot.

System:

Rog Gene VI w intel 4770k @ 4.5 ghz
    (2) Gigabyte 780's in Sli
    16 gb Corsair 1866
    Windows 8.1
    Nvidia 340.52

New ROGer Array

I was looking at this problem yesterday morning, and found that the monitor listed in the nividia control panel had changed from a g-sync capable to non g-sync capable. I uninstalled the drivers/ upgraded with no no change... turns out this wasn't a driver issue for me. the action of grabing the right bottom corner of the monitor to turn it off or on or check to see if it was set at 144hz was moving the monitor slightly causing a connection issue with the data port cable, seems the display port or the cable have a design issue. just shut down Pc move the screen up or down slightly and unplug and reconnect the display port cable. worked just fine after that. having my display sitting very low on the support stand maybe causing a cable routing issue?
    Last edited by Bodden; 09-16-2014 at 11:01 AM.

ROG Member Array

Just chiming in for the record (I see earlier in the thread someone from Asus says it's a driver issue and is being addressed - thanks).

Just bought the Asus ROG PG-278Q monitor which I'm loving except for this bug. It seems to me that the monitor is falling back to 60Hz on it's own (usually when I alt-tab out of a game to the desktop but sometimes even when launching a game) and the video card is continuing to run at 120 or 144 Hz and thus the "Out of range" error on the monitor because the refresh is out of range.

Happens so far with COD Ghosts, COD Black Ops, L4D2. I doubt it's game specific.

I have found that it seems not to happen (so far) if you leave the monitor in 60Hz refresh and configure the video card for 60 Hz as well. That's fine for a short term fix but I didn't pay $800 for a 144 Hz monitor to run it at 60Hz so I hope this is addressed soon. I'm very surprised this wasn't detected during testing or when all the hardware review sites got their preview monitors, unless the bug is due to some feature that wasn't implemented in the monitor or drivers at that time?

Otherwise, I am loving the monitor. The display is stunning and GSync rocks. Yes it's a first-adopter monitor, but I'm willing to pay the price for the smoothness of GSync.

Just hoping this bug gets fixed promptly because games look even better at 144 Hz.

TWO NITPICKS THOUGH:

- Wish there was a smaller (less obtrusive) crosshair available in GamePlus, or that you could dim down the gamma on the existing crosshairs (a couple of games that crosshair IS useful for).

- Why even bother with a refresh frequency switch (and why put it so near the power switch)? I would think that 99% of gamers will use 144Hz and leave it there. It could have been buried in the settings menu.

Hardware specs:
    Win8, Core i5 4670,16GB, GTX 760
    Last edited by FlyingPenguinOFC; 09-17-2014 at 01:33 AM.

New ROGer Array

Okay. So after i made the original post i had no problems, the out of range bug seemed to simply go away. Now all of a sudden, without changing settings, it starts again.

Very weird. And very frustrating.

I also appear to have the same problem of the refresh rate as the poster above, where the refresh rate seems to jump back to 60 when simply using alt+tab, and i also have a thing where i run 120hz, it will 'automatically' switch to ULMB even if i disabled the mode beforehand.

This monitor doesn't seem to remember its settings well and will jump about from one mode to another without prompting, and it doesn't seem consistent either. Not what i expected from a monitor that was marketed as the dogs b0ll0cks.

Also when scaling video to fullscreen, picture looks extremely (and i mean EXTREMELY) grainy and pixelated.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Those with issues having the monitor drop to 60hz when alt-tabbing, set your control panel to 144mhz as well. I found that corrected the drop to 60hz issue when tabbing

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast