Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

New GeForce drivers

nVidia released new drivers 344.11 today. I read the document but didnt see anything about g-sync fix. Does anyone know if these drivers solve the issue?

ROG Member Array

@mdzcpa: Not sure I understand you. If you mean setting the refresh in the NVidia control panel or Windows display settings, of course I'm doing that. It still doesn't prevent this from happening when alt-tabbing or randomly whenever the monitor feels like it (I've seen it happen in the middle of a game for no reason and sometimes during game launch).

If you mean setting the refresh in-game, yes a few games (generally older ones dating back to the era of CRT monitors) have an in-game refresh setting (Black Ops does for instance) but most games don't, and I've had it happen in a variety of games that don't have an in-game refresh setting.

I do hope this CAN be fixed in a driver update. I'm concerned it might be a monitor firmware issue.It does really seem to me that the monitor is putting itself in 60Hz mode, while the video card is staying at 144 Hz, thus causing the monitor to go out of range. I would have preferred that the monitor just stay at 144 Hz. I can't see any real need for the refresh toggle.

I have been gaming heavily for several days now and can confirm that the problem goes away completely if you configure the monitor and the video card for 60Hz.

I'm going to try the new drivers and report back. I suspect that NVidia was concentrating more on the new 900 series card support in the new drivers, than solving this problem, although there ARE a couple of GSync related issues addressed in the release notes (none sound like they're related to this though).
    Last edited by FlyingPenguinOFC; 09-19-2014 at 01:50 PM.

ROG Member Array

Ok, been playing for a few hours with new drivers and running at 144Hz. Variety of games. I've purposely alt-tabbed to the desktop repeatedly during game play. SO FAR the new driver APPEARS to have fixed the bug.

However the bug is so random that it's possible I've just been lucky.

Reading up on the new drivers, there are no complaints about them and since they're WHQL I would suggest you install them. No down side as far as I can see and it MAY fix the out of range bug.

It would be nice to hear something official from an Asus or NVidia rep as to whether the bug was specifically addressed in the 344.11 drivers, though.
    Last edited by FlyingPenguinOFC; 09-22-2014 at 04:30 PM.

ROG Member Array

Yup, the new drivers definitely fixed the problem. Has not recurred since I installed them.

ROG Member Array

Yup, the new drivers definitely fixed the problem. Has not recurred since I installed them.
    Last edited by FlyingPenguinOFC; 09-22-2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Double post

ROG Member Array

Good to hear. Thanks for the update. Hasn't happen to me either.

New ROGer Array

The problem is not fixed. I never experienced the out of range bug before, probably because i was running 120hz only. But yesterday, after a Windows 8.1 clean install with nvidia 344.11 driver. I was on the desktop and clicked the reset default on evga precision 16x. The display turned black and showed out of range. Even after several windows restart the display would only show bios logo then turn out of range. When i pluged my old monitor in the DVI port, the PG278Q turned back on. But as soon as i unpluged my old monitor from the dvi port the PG278Q would show out of range. While i had my second monitor pluged, i tried to set the refresh rate manually from windows but even after that the PG278Q would show out of range as soon as i unpluged the DVI cable. I was able to get the PG278Q working again after i disabled the second monitor from the NVIDIA control panel. But when trying to launch a game the game would crash with an error message. Also the PG278Q would show unsupported modes in the windows monitor frequency panel like 133hz. I had to uninstal 344.11 Nvidia driver and do a celan install for it to work again.

New ROGer Array

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I think I did something in ASUS GPU Tweak that caused it. The effect was the same - unplugging another monitor would make the ROG Swift go black with an out of range message, plugging the other monitor in would make it come back.

I had another issue first. I couldn't make it enter the ULMB mode. It said it had entered it in the information screen in the OSD, but the motion blur didn't change and changing the pulse width setting had no effect, so I knew it hadn't really. That's what made me try to unplug the other monitor.

I changed a lot of settings back and forth to try to make it start working again. Eventually, it was changing the refresh rate that made it start working without the other monitor plugged in, but that didn't work the first few times I tried it. It must have been some combination with that and other changes.

ROG Member Array

I also have the Out of Range bug on SLI GTX 780TI 340.52

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array izzyreb02 PC Specs
    izzyreb02 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-5
    MonitorMG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 M.2
    Storage #22x 2TB WD HDD (DATA), 6TB WD (Games)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 1200Watt
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by mrkuro View Post
    I also have the Out of Range bug on SLI GTX 780TI 340.52
    Did you try 344.11 drivers?