Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 - Easy Streaming?

larry_l
Level 7
Hi Folks:

I'm SO HAPPY with my jz.

While deciding on a laptop I read a lot of stuff about the G750, in product reviews and on Asus's site.

I thought I came across something that suggested the G750 is bundled with software to make it a snap to stream. I know there is mention of sharing through the cloud, which I assume is not real time.

I can't find anything about it now.

Is this part of the G750 software bundle?

If I misunderstood, can someone point me to software and services that would facilitate streaming? I know of Twitch, but I don't know much about Twitch.

[Edit]

I'm referring to content generated on the G750, like a video game.

[/Edit]

Thanks
Larry
2 REPLIES 2

Qlix0804
Level 7
Look for OpenBroadcastSoftware or OBS. Its free, and works beautifully on my JW. You will need a twitch account though, im sure you knew that. The twitch site has guides to set up OBS properly to get the most out of it. Do a search , you should find it.

nVidias Shadowplay with GeForce Experience isnt bad either, as long as youre not streaming a blizzard game (doesnt support windowed deskctop capture, only game capture, and you have to be in full screen). Also no overlays with it.

larry_l
Level 7
Thanks Qlix:

My recent search made me think ShadowPlay was for recording only. So if it also streams that's cool.

But if OpenBroadcastSoftware is the preferred solution, I'll go that way.

I appreciate your assistance.