cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW does not power on

J-Square
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I have been overly satisfied with my G750JW until yesterday: when pressing the power button, nothing happened, no beep, blink, nada! I tried with and without power supply, with power and no battery, removing power supply and battery and pressing the power key for 30 sec, then putting power supply back on, nothing, dead!

ASUS support could only ask me to send the notebook to service but I should secure my data first. That is a bit tricky without any power on the machine so I have to remove the HD and SSD, hook it up to a different computer, secure the data ( 1 TB of data will take a long time I'm afraid...) and then send it to service.

Question therefore: Has somebody faced a similar issue and was there a work around other than sending the notebook to ASUS?

I would be grateful for and advice, also on how to secure the data from the SSD which happens to be my C: volume with the operating system and many saves from games that I really don't want to loose.

Many thanks in advance, J-Square
2 REPLIES 2

Maxter
Level 9
the battery light comes on when you plug it, right? (should be orange or green)

Maxter wrote:
the battery light comes on when you plug it, right? (should be orange or green)

No, at least not anymore. I think the light was green when I tried to start it, not sure, but on the second power on attempt, nothing, no green or orange light.

The notebook is 10 months old, so I'm not worried about the repair. But ASUS Support told me that regardless of the problem they will format the HD and SSD. I fail to understand why they insist on formatting the non-system HD. Sigh...