Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

G75VW - What Cooling Pad?

What cooling pads are people using with the G75VW? Do they actually fit this large laptop?

What brand/model?

How do you rate it's effectiveness on cooling?

How do you rate it's comfort? (when used in your lap)

Do you have any pictures of your G75 w/ the cooling pad to share?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array GottiBoi55's Avatar

None is needed , the G75VW has one of the best on the market cooling system for a gaming NB.
    I have no problem with cooling, when gaming my temps never get on the average any higher then 72c.
    If you keep fans, and heat sinks clean on a regular basis you should have no problem. (my G75VW is just over two years old)
    GottiBoi55
    Asus
    G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
    Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    Samsung
    24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    SanDisk
    M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Second Monitor: Shar
    p Aquos 32"

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GottiBoi55 View Post
    None is needed , the G75VW has one of the best on the market cooling system for a gaming NB.
    I have no problem with cooling, when gaming my temps never get on the average any higher then 72c.
    If you keep fans, and heat sinks clean on a regular basis you should have no problem. (my G75VW is just over two years old)
    I second this since the air flow into the G75 is from under the Screen and through port and key board, there are no air flow In vents on these note books for a cooling pad to work.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

I agree as well, but for me I am a preventative freak so I actually use a cooling pad =P. I've never have gone over 60c while gaming, and I've had gaming
    session from 2-5hours straight. Bust just as a reference I personally use a Cooler Master pad.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-727-_-Product

I goes on sale regularly so I would just keep an eye on it.

ROG Member Array

While I will mostly agree the cooling isn't that much of an issue on this laptop. It still need assistance in certain circumstances, like if I have it on a table, if I prop up the back end a bit to allow better airflow underneath temps stay in more comfortable ranges. But mostly I am interested in the cooling pad for use when in my lap, ie at a friends with the setup in my lap sitting cross leg it creates a stagnant choking environment and temps get high. So that is why I am asking about a cooling pad.

Thanks JaeROC for the suggestion.

ROG Member Array

i have the cross legged problem as well X3 i just adjust a bit so my legs are not blocking the back vents. i wouldnt worry about underneath or when its on a table though, i have mine on a bed all the time and the temps dong go higher then 70ish while playing games.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have a triple fan cooling pad under my g75. It's only suitable for tabletop use though due to design, you can't hold it comfortably on your lap.

New ROGer Array

Have you noticed any improvements to the cpu/gpu temperature when using a cooling pad? Looking at how the laptop is constructed I'm not sure if a cooler would make a difference.

After my g75 was "fixed" under warranty the GPU reaches 97 degrees celsius in furmark and Asus says it is normal. Also if I stres de CPU during furmark after a few minutes I see the CPU throttling to 1.2-1.4 GHz. I'm not sure if the high temperatures are a problem during gaming. So far my computer shut down a few times but it's strange since I can play battlefield 3 for a few hours without problems and sometimes, very rarely though, it might shut down after less than hour in a less demanding game like counter strike source.

So I was thinking of trying to repaste the CPU/GPU but if I could get off with only a cooling pad that would be great.
    Last edited by gtcosmin; 09-06-2014 at 11:09 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ggBanks's Avatar

Coolers don't work on G55/G75.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Dr. Zchivago PC Specs
    Dr. Zchivago PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo Thinkpad T410
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX 9590
    Memory (part number)BLE2KIT8G3D1869DE1TX0 (8-8-8-24, 1866 MHz)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS R9 390 STRIX (OC, GAMING)
    Storage #1SG Constellation 6 TB (6x1 TB) RAID 0
    Storage #2SG Constellation 2 TB (2x2 TB) RAID 1
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCaseLabs STH-10
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4
    Mouse Microsoft Sidewinder X5
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad Perixx 900x440x3 mm + Steelseries 320x270x3 mm + ALLSOP hard pad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G930/Altec Lansing 5.1
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)

Quote Originally Posted by ggBanks View Post
    Coolers don't work on G55/G75.
    I disagree:

Heat from your GPU/CPU/HDD conducts through the motherboard/plastic case/other components. While the air that is pulled through the CPU/GPU heat sinks may not come from beneath the laptop, pushing cool air into those vents on the bottom will certainly provide a little cooler environment for your HDD and motherboard. If the bottom of the case becomes hot, the heat sinks above will have to work harder to dissipate all of the heat being generated.

I use a cheap Targus dual-fan laptop riser, and I have noticed a fair difference in temperatures (I will have to make some tests+notes to provide data, but I will do so if desired).

Dr. Z
    Resistance is futile (at <1 Ohm).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast