cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JS slow Wireless speed issue when starting or waking

prezze
Level 7
I have a rather annoying problem with my wireless connection that i would like to share and see if anyone can help me with.

Problem is that every time i start the computer or bring it back from sleep (closing then open the lid) there is about a 90 % chance that i got slow motion speed on the wireless. To get around that i have to disconnect/connect to the network repeatedly until i'm back to normal speed. To put it in numbers, slow motion = 1 mbit and normal is 127 mbit, both ways (in and out).

No other computer or device does this, ipads computers phones... none of them behaves like this. It's been like this since the day i got it so it's nothing i have done or installed.

Need help to get this fixed.

Anders
4 REPLIES 4

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Haven't heard much about this myself, and make sure to try the latest drivers from the ASUS G750JS download site if you haven't already.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JS&p=3&s=521

Doesn't sound like erasing and reinstalling Windows will help, but something to try if you're interested.

Have you tried comparing with other wireless environments/routers?

Anyway, if you don't get better suggestions, you may want to discuss with your store or local ASUS support to see if they have heard of this issue or think there may be some problem with your system.
It may not be worth trying, but consider checking your bios version and asking them if you should flash your bios.
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

Good luck!

Nothing i did worked. Updated all drivers and bios. Reinstalled OS to see if that did anything. But no, it's all the same. Called support and sending it to ASUS and let them fix it. Should have done that sooner and not waste my time.

Next time i notice something is not working as expected when i buy something like a computer i go back to the retailer and ask for a new one or my money back. This sending **** with UPS to some other country is just to much trouble, not what i signed up for at all.

Dissapointed? Yes indeed.

Had a very similar experience with my surface pro.

Not saying this is it, but like I said had very similar experience with my surface pro.

But, I believe in power settings, you need to disable turning off wifi during sleep/hibernate/ect.
I would also check power settings and make sure wifi is on performance, not power savings.

Check those, get back plz

Maxter
Level 9
Check windows power settings for the wireless link. You need to set them up to Maximum Performance (this is how I solved this similar issue on my JW)