cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Maximus vii formula/Watchdog] Startup,q-code 00, shuts down

AntoineHa
Level 7
Hey,

I bought the maximus vi formula 2 weeks ago, It didn't boot up and displayed a continous Q-code 00.
They told me to RMA the board, but, since the new motherboard had just came out I decided to get the new one, so I should not have to flash the bios (witch I don't like to do since it apparently is risky).
I build my whole setup, clicked the start button and it displays Q-code 00 for about 1 second, then shutsdown.
I have no idea what to do, the motherboard isn't even a day out of the box. Is it possible that my old motherboard corrupted my cpu or something like that. I also have just one stick of 8gb vengeance ddr3 1600 ram. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

here are my parts:
Cooler master computercase
Desktop hard drive
SSD Samsung 120GB
Asus maximus vii formula
Intel 1150 i5-4690k
8gb corsair
cooler master V850
DVD drive
MSI GTX 770
Corsair Hydro series h100i

Please help, I'm getting so fed up of trying to find the right answer while nothing works.
I'd like to excuse myself for my bad grammar and spelling.
Thank you in advance.
16 REPLIES 16

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

1) Make sure the PSU is connected properly - EPS 12V not in will give code 00

2) Code 00 can also happen if memory is very unstable or CPU is degraded/dead. Check the memory modules are clicked into place on both sides of the slot. Use one memory module only for now. You might want to list the part number of the memory kit as well.

3) Make sure the board is not shorting out against anything.

4) Check no bent pins in CPU socket. AS you are having this issue with two boards now, wondering about PSU or CPU.

-Raja

AntoineHa
Level 7
Thank you for your quick reply.

1) I've changed the 12V cable with another one.

2)I've checked every memory slot with one ram disk, the serial code of this ram disk is in the list. partnumber is CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10.

3)I've checked and it doesn't seem to be touching anything, partly because of the ROG plating.

4)i've checked the pins, there are no bent or broken.

I do not have another computer that I can use to test my cpu and how do I test my psu?

I would like to thank you again for your fast reply.

AntoineHa wrote:

2)I've checked every memory slot with one ram disk, the serial code of this ram disk is in the list. partnumber is CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10.

3)I've checked and it doesn't seem to be touching anything, partly because of the ROG plating.

I do not have another computer that I can use to test my cpu and how do I test my psu?

My board did the same/similar thing... Let me ask you... The LED indicator lights, right aside the 24/PIN/ATX connector... when you POWER on the board, does the CPU or any other of the LEDs light up? Generally, if tis a CPU/Socket issue, the CPU lght with engage and stay on and not attempt any further POST... Since it thinks somethign is up with the CPU, it has no reason to go further. That was what an Asus Rep told me about my board anyways which is same as urs. My board would even go as far as to take the BIOS flash process, go through it, but would do the same thing, like yours is. Sent it in, BIOS was bad, LAN chip was bad... They fixed both, during extensive testing, BIOS failed again.... So it appears to be a bug/bad Design with the BIOS on these boards, whereas they are failing at random.... I say RMA it.. Betting its the BIOS....

That is just my thoughts, and expierience THUS far.. AND... WHEN YOU get your board back, EVEN if it is NEW.... CHECK THE SOCKET!!!!! They sent me a BRAND new board, complete like I bought it off the shelf.. BUT.... one of the PINS, the par tthat touches bottom of CPU, was missing!!!!!! You have a 14 day manufacturers defect warranty... THEY wont tell you that... till its outside of that 14 day period. Enclosed are photos of my socket.

matthew3041230
Level 7
AntoineHa wrote:

My board did the same/similar thing... Let me ask you... The LED indicator lights, right aside the 24/PIN/ATX connector... when you POWER on the board, does the CPU or any other of the LEDs light up? Generally, if tis a CPU/Socket issue, the CPU lght with engage and stay on and not attempt any further POST... Since it thinks somethign is up with the CPU, it has no reason to go further. That was what an Asus Rep told me about my board anyways which is same as urs. My board would even go as far as to take the BIOS flash process, go through it, but would do the same thing, like yours is. Sent it in, BIOS was bad, LAN chip was bad... They fixed both, during extensive testing, BIOS failed again.... So it appears to be a bug/bad Design with the BIOS on these boards, whereas they are failing at random.... I say RMA it.. Betting its the CPU or the BIOS....Unlikely it is your Chip... what kind of numbers were you running your chip? Anything above 1.375ish for long time? And exactly, how did your last board fail? Did it just not turn on? or did it shut off by itself? Hopefully, you had the Over Current/Over Voltage protections enabled... if not, mmm? Then, it really may not have mattered as during the failure those mechanisims may not have worked anyways. Again, I am betting either CPU or BIOS.. more likely its the BIOS based my problems, and others that I have read.. You make around 30 different people I am aware of that POST 00 and goes to the Shutdown process.. Sometimes, my board, the original and this new one, would just Power on, and then off, then on, then off, then on and stay on... sometimes, it would just stay on and not shutoff.. then at tiems, shut off n never come back on..... So take this and I hope it helps... sadly you may have to go through the same similar process. If there is anything I can do to help, PM me. I will help you get in touch with the same people that helped me.

That is just my thoughts, and expierience THUS far.. AND... WHEN YOU get your board back, EVEN if it is NEW.... CHECK THE SOCKET!!!!! They sent me a BRAND new board, complete like I bought it off the shelf.. BUT.... one of the PINS, the par tthat touches bottom of CPU, was missing!!!!!! You have a 14 day manufacturers defect warranty... THEY wont tell you that... till its outside of that 14 day period. Enclosed are photos of my socket.

matthew3041230
Level 7
AntoineHa wrote:

My board did the same/similar thing... Let me ask you... The LED indicator lights, right aside the 24/PIN/ATX connector... when you POWER on the board, does the CPU or any other of the LEDs light up? Generally, if tis a CPU/Socket issue, the CPU lght with engage and stay on and not attempt any further POST... Since it thinks somethign is up with the CPU, it has no reason to go further. That was what an Asus Rep told me about my board anyways which is same as urs. My board would even go as far as to take the BIOS flash process, go through it, but would do the same thing, like yours is. Sent it in, BIOS was bad, LAN chip was bad... They fixed both, during extensive testing, BIOS failed again.... So it appears to be a bug/bad Design with the BIOS on these boards, whereas they are failing at random.... I say RMA it.. Betting its the CPU or the BIOS....Unlikely it is your Chip... what kind of numbers were you running your chip? Anything above 1.375ish for long time? And exactly, how did your last board fail? Did it just not turn on? or did it shut off by itself? Hopefully, you had the Over Current/Over Voltage protections enabled... if not, mmm? Then, it really may not have mattered as during the failure those mechanisims may not have worked anyways. Again, I am betting either CPU or BIOS.. more likely its the BIOS based my problems, and others that I have read.. You make around 30 different people I am aware of that POST 00 and goes to the Shutdown process.. Sometimes, my board, the original and this new one, would just Power on, and then off, then on, then off, then on and stay on... sometimes, it would just stay on and not shutoff.. then at tiems, shut off n never come back on..... So take this and I hope it helps... sadly you may have to go through the same similar process. If there is anything I can do to help, PM me. I will help you get in touch with the same people that helped me.

ImageImage

matthew3041230 wrote:
So it appears to be a bug/bad Design with the BIOS on these boards, whereas they are failing at random....

You make around 30 different people I am aware of that POST 00 and goes to the Shutdown process..

Hello

Please post links to support this claim. I seriously doubt you have seen 30 people posting this same issue with the Maximus VII Formula. Also as AntoineHa has gotten the same results with two different model boards it is unlikely that anything you have posted applies in this instance.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Please post links to support this claim. I seriously doubt you have seen 30 people posting this same issue with the Maximus VII Formula. Also as AntoineHa has gotten the same results with two different model boards it is unlikely that anything you have posted applies in this instance.

Greetings;

I never claimed 30 people posted anything.... I said I was aware of 30 or so that have had this similar problem. No need to question my integrity, it only serves to degrade the quality of these forums. I know of appr. 15 that i have saw through out various forums. I cant possible give you exact webpages, as it was when I was skimming through reading on other issues that I saw them. Some were on HWBOT, some here, some on OCN... but there is not any need to doubt it, look on this page you're seeing 3-4 people already facing issues. I know people personally that dealt with similar issues. What do you want, Phone numbers? Stop Trolling.

Here is the escalation site I spoke of before...

http://www.service.asus.com/#!escalation-mailbox/c1scx
Good Luck To All

matthew3041230 wrote:
Stop Trolling.

Hello

Will do. I'll also remove any posts that provide the temptation for me to troll. Thank you and good day.

So... do you think it would rather be my cpu or my psu? I can't do the psu check since all my wires are black and have no other computer to test it on