ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

when new driver arrives ?

Thank you.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Florin's Avatar

Besides the mic humming/buzzing like crazy i don`t have any other issues with the sound card, so what exactly are you waiting to be fixed ?
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Florin View Post
    Besides the mic humming/buzzing like crazy i don`t have any other issues with the sound card, so what exactly are you waiting to be fixed ?
    Sonic Radar or better headphone surround..

Speaker mismatch in 5.1 should get some attention too.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Florin's Avatar

For surround... tested my On-board Supreme FX III sound card in Battlefield 4 ... it`s miles behind from the positioning in the Phoebus ... so i guess the headphone surround works just fine ...

As for Sonic Radar ... why would you even use such a thing ?
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

ROG Member Array

Well, first of all the humming problem should be adressed.

Also the system crashes hen using one of the enhanced surround modes while the wrong sound device is set as main sound card.

As an alternative it would be nice to have ONE device instead of two separated devices for headphones and speakers. Then the control panel would be used to select where the output goes to while all software applications would still adress the same sound device. Creative does it that way, works like a charm. Realtek offers a similar option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Well, first of all the humming problem should be adressed.

Also the system crashes hen using one of the enhanced surround modes while the wrong sound device is set as main sound card.

As an alternative it would be nice to have ONE device instead of two separated devices for headphones and speakers. Then the control panel would be used to select where the output goes to while all software applications would still adress the same sound device. Creative does it that way, works like a charm. Realtek offers a similar option as well.
    no mate, I currently have ZXR and for all I know the series have Speakers / Headphones separate channels because Headphones has it's own AMP and the Speakers has other connections.

So you have different options for each Input/Output

And {Florin} about the surround, do you mean you use Dolby Headphones compare to On-Board Supreme FX III ?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    no mate, I currently have ZXR and for all I know the series have Speakers / Headphones separate channels because Headphones has it's own AMP and the Speakers has other connections.
    I don't know about the ZXR, but this was the one and only improvement of the Recon3D over the X-Fi 2 Champion Fatal1ty (ok, that and Crystal Voice which is an excellent tool, better than any other solution I have seen so far, now with the Phoebus I returned to use headphones for video calls, since the elimination is so bad).

Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion only has one sound device for analog sound, on the front panel (or in the control panel, if you don't have the front panel of the Champion edition) you find a button to switch between headphones (Stereo, with optional surround emulation) and 5.1 speakers which was great. Both headphone connectors (on the front panel and on the card) are equal, so I could have my 5.1 speakers and my headphones connected with a long cable connected at the same time on the card and use the front panel to select the redirection of the sound signals.

So yeah ... I wished the soundcard only offered one single analog device, that would avoid the crashes caused by the drivers surround enhancements. Also it would allow me to switch between the "real" devices in a lot more flexible way, most modern games don't even allow to select the sound device but use the system device instead.
    Last edited by Neumi; 08-19-2014 at 03:02 PM.