cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750js screen tearing

panchock
Level 7
Hi, i have the asus g750js bios:207 Nvidia driver:340.52
I got in all the games i have screen tearing.
the only thing that helped me is to turn on vsync in-game but it makes input lag.
I tried also to turn on Vsync throgh nvidia control panel but my fps was still above 60 and i got tearing.
I tried to turn on vsync in game and limit my fps to 60 and it was better but still input lag.
i also tried to limit it to 59 and then no input lag but lags and sutter.
I tried also adaptive vsync with nvidia inspector but i got the same result- there is not effect on game and still above 60 fps.
WHY do i need to mess with it if i paid a lot of money??!
PLZZZ help me!
16 REPLIES 16

panchock
Level 7
Up^^^^^^^^^^

Kelusion
Level 7
panchock wrote:
Hi, i have the asus g750js bios:207 Nvidia driver:340.52
I got in all the games i have screen tearing.
the only thing that helped me is to turn on vsync in-game but it makes input lag.
I tried also to turn on Vsync throgh nvidia control panel but my fps was still above 60 and i got tearing.
I tried to turn on vsync in game and limit my fps to 60 and it was better but still input lag.
i also tried to limit it to 59 and then no input lag but lags and sutter.
I tried also adaptive vsync with nvidia inspector but i got the same result- there is not effect on game and still above 60 fps.
WHY do i need to mess with it if i paid a lot of money??!
PLZZZ help me!

Hello and welcome, to help you better, need you to answer a few questions 🙂
1- Are you using AC Power or Laptop Battery?
2- Did you downloaded the latest version of 340.52 driver from Nvidia? By the looks of it your basically using the Nvidia driver and not the one through the Asus Support Page.
3- Instead of tweaking the Nvidia Control Panel, keep the Vsync at Let the 3D App choose the setting, and actually change the game video settings and turn it on am sure it will work.
4- Can you name a few games where screen tearing is present constantly?

Normally its very strange your getting this issue. As it should not be this way, I would suggest unsintall the current GFX Driver if its from Nvidia and get the one from the Asus Support Page for your laptop 337.88 from the below link and perform a 'Clean Driver Installation'. Some games produce screen tearing but to a little bit where they happen very rarely and you don't notice anything at all and can be removed by enabling Vsync in the game itself. But if it's at constant times and all the time then definitely it has something to do with the GFX Driver currently installed and running with compatibility issues, the latest driver 340.52 has caused problems on JS, JM models and would advise to use the Asus Support Page for Nvidia optimized drivers instead from Nvidia itself. Let us know how it works out 🙂

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=G750JS&os=&hashedid=yql3Rpr80XDgQJbl
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

Kelusion wrote:
Hello and welcome, to help you better, need you to answer a few questions 🙂
1- Are you using AC Power or Laptop Battery?
2- Did you downloaded the latest version of 340.52 driver from Nvidia? By the looks of it your basically using the Nvidia driver and not the one through the Asus Support Page.
3- Instead of tweaking the Nvidia Control Panel, keep the Vsync at Let the 3D App choose the setting, and actually change the game video settings and turn it on am sure it will work.
4- Can you name a few games where screen tearing is present constantly?

Normally its very strange your getting this issue. As it should not be this way, I would suggest unsintall the current GFX Driver if its from Nvidia and get the one from the Asus Support Page for your laptop 337.88 from the below link and perform a 'Clean Driver Installation'. Some games produce screen tearing but to a little bit where they happen very rarely and you don't notice anything at all and can be removed by enabling Vsync in the game itself. But if it's at constant times and all the time then definitely it has something to do with the GFX Driver currently installed and running with compatibility issues, the latest driver 340.52 has caused problems on JS, JM models and would advise to use the Asus Support Page for Nvidia optimized drivers instead from Nvidia itself. Let us know how it works out 🙂

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=G750JS&os=&hashedid=yql3Rpr80XDgQJbl

Hi,i tried Asus Nvidia drivers 337.88 WHQL and same problem.
I know someone with g750jz gtx 880m and he disabled Vsync, get above 60 fps and no tearing at all.
My Nvidia CP does not effect any game at all, but enabling Vsync throgh intel control panel does the work...but so much input lag!!!
Games for example:titanfall,bf3/4,cs:go.
Is there any way that my laptop is defected?

panchock wrote:
Hi,i tried Asus Nvidia drivers 337.88 WHQL and same problem.
I know someone with g750jz gtx 880m and he disabled Vsync, get above 60 fps and no tearing at all.
My Nvidia CP does not effect any game at all, but enabling Vsync throgh intel control panel does the work...but so much input lag!!!
Games for example:titanfall,bf3/4,cs:go.
Is there any way that my laptop is defected?

CS:GO should never produce a screen tear, as it used to work on my oldest desktop which is like 8 years old without problems lol except a little low fps. Titanfall does not produce a screen tear on my JZ as I have it too. You should never rely on Intel CP cause thats for Intel GPU which will never give you actual performance of the Nvidia GPU, run the game on Nvidia GPU and make sure it runs on this Nvidia GPU. Should not conclude that its a hardware defect, as it does not happen in all games is it? But just to be sure, are you sure the games run on the Nvidia GPU?
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

Kelusion wrote:
CS:GO should never produce a screen tear, as it used to work on my oldest desktop which is like 8 years old without problems lol except a little low fps. Titanfall does not produce a screen tear on my JZ as I have it too. You should never rely on Intel CP cause thats for Intel GPU which will never give you actual performance of the Nvidia GPU, run the game on Nvidia GPU and make sure it runs on this Nvidia GPU. Should not conclude that its a hardware defect, as it does not happen in all games is it? But just to be sure, are you sure the games run on the Nvidia GPU?

Im sure im using the nvidia gpu cause i got high fps...
The screen tearing occured in all games!
Isnt it wierd? Should it be like this?

Kelusion wrote:

Up^^^^

theclaw37
Level 9
@Panchock: Run your games at 60 fps with v-sync on and you won't have any tearing. You can even get away without v-sync on some games with NO tearing at all. If you're having input lag at 60 FPS, then it's either the game's fault, or you're constantly dipping below 60 and therefore actually running the game at 30 FPS.

But here's an example (because i also have the JS and CS:GO): I'm running the game at a constant 120 FPS, but even at 60 FPS with v-sync on, there is NO input lag whatsoever, so if you think there is, this is your problem mate.

theclaw37 wrote:
@Panchock: Run your games at 60 fps with v-sync on and you won't have any tearing. You can even get away without v-sync on some games with NO tearing at all. If you're having input lag at 60 FPS, then it's either the game's fault, or you're constantly dipping below 60 and therefore actually running the game at 30 FPS.

But here's an example (because i also have the JS and CS:GO): I'm running the game at a constant 120 FPS, but even at 60 FPS with v-sync on, there is NO input lag whatsoever, so if you think there is, this is your problem mate.

Wait, do you have the asus g750js and when you play cs:go you got above 60fps and no tearing or suttering?
What version of nvidia driver do you have?and did you do something with the driver options or just played?

panchock wrote:
Wait, do you have the asus g750js and when you play cs:go you got above 60fps and no tearing or suttering?
What version of nvidia driver do you have?and did you do something with the driver options or just played?

Yes, i have the JS and i play CS:GO at a constant 120 FPS. But of course 120 has a GCD with the screen refresh rate of 60 Hz of.. well... 60, so the game performs flawlessly. What i'm trying to say is that when the tearing is terrible you should be able to just use v-sync in-game (with no driver settings) and have no tearing at all. Also at 60 FPS there should be NO input lag at all, and if there is, that's the game's fault.

I have the latest GeForce driver from geforce.com version 340.52. Also i never use the Asus drivers as they are outdated and contrary to popular belief have no benefit over the stock drivers.

L.E.: Never use the 3D graphics settings in the intel hd control panel as they have no effect on your gameplay while using the Nvidia discrete gpu.