Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

G750js screen tearing

Hi, i have the asus g750js bios:207 Nvidia driver:340.52
    I got in all the games i have screen tearing.
    the only thing that helped me is to turn on vsync in-game but it makes input lag.
    I tried also to turn on Vsync throgh nvidia control panel but my fps was still above 60 and i got tearing.
    I tried to turn on vsync in game and limit my fps to 60 and it was better but still input lag.
    i also tried to limit it to 59 and then no input lag but lags and sutter.
    I tried also adaptive vsync with nvidia inspector but i got the same result- there is not effect on game and still above 60 fps.
    WHY do i need to mess with it if i paid a lot of money??!
    PLZZZ help me!

ROG Member Array

Up^^^^^^^^^^

ROG Enthusiast Array Kelusion PC Specs
    Kelusion PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JZ
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JZA
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ 4710HQ Processor
    Memory (part number)Samsung M471B1G73QH0-YK0 - 32GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX880M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM (Auto-Overclocked)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorSasmung 55' Smart U9000, Samsung Syncmaster S24B300
    Storage #1512GB SSD
    Storage #21.5 TB HDD 7200 RPM
    CPU CoolerStock
    CaseStock
    Power SupplyStock
    Keyboard Corsair RGB K70 (2014)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse
    Headset Beats Studio Pro
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro - 64Bit
    Network RouterCisco

Quote Originally Posted by panchock View Post
    Hi, i have the asus g750js bios:207 Nvidia driver:340.52
    I got in all the games i have screen tearing.
    the only thing that helped me is to turn on vsync in-game but it makes input lag.
    I tried also to turn on Vsync throgh nvidia control panel but my fps was still above 60 and i got tearing.
    I tried to turn on vsync in game and limit my fps to 60 and it was better but still input lag.
    i also tried to limit it to 59 and then no input lag but lags and sutter.
    I tried also adaptive vsync with nvidia inspector but i got the same result- there is not effect on game and still above 60 fps.
    WHY do i need to mess with it if i paid a lot of money??!
    PLZZZ help me!
    Hello and welcome, to help you better, need you to answer a few questions
    1- Are you using AC Power or Laptop Battery?
    2- Did you downloaded the latest version of 340.52 driver from Nvidia? By the looks of it your basically using the Nvidia driver and not the one through the Asus Support Page.
    3- Instead of tweaking the Nvidia Control Panel, keep the Vsync at Let the 3D App choose the setting, and actually change the game video settings and turn it on am sure it will work.
    4- Can you name a few games where screen tearing is present constantly?

Normally its very strange your getting this issue. As it should not be this way, I would suggest unsintall the current GFX Driver if its from Nvidia and get the one from the Asus Support Page for your laptop 337.88 from the below link and perform a 'Clean Driver Installation'. Some games produce screen tearing but to a little bit where they happen very rarely and you don't notice anything at all and can be removed by enabling Vsync in the game itself. But if it's at constant times and all the time then definitely it has something to do with the GFX Driver currently installed and running with compatibility issues, the latest driver 340.52 has caused problems on JS, JM models and would advise to use the Asus Support Page for Nvidia optimized drivers instead from Nvidia itself. Let us know how it works out

http://support.asus.com/download.asp...l3Rpr80XDgQJbl
    Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kelusion View Post
    Hello and welcome, to help you better, need you to answer a few questions
    1- Are you using AC Power or Laptop Battery?
    2- Did you downloaded the latest version of 340.52 driver from Nvidia? By the looks of it your basically using the Nvidia driver and not the one through the Asus Support Page.
    3- Instead of tweaking the Nvidia Control Panel, keep the Vsync at Let the 3D App choose the setting, and actually change the game video settings and turn it on am sure it will work.
    4- Can you name a few games where screen tearing is present constantly?

Normally its very strange your getting this issue. As it should not be this way, I would suggest unsintall the current GFX Driver if its from Nvidia and get the one from the Asus Support Page for your laptop 337.88 from the below link and perform a 'Clean Driver Installation'. Some games produce screen tearing but to a little bit where they happen very rarely and you don't notice anything at all and can be removed by enabling Vsync in the game itself. But if it's at constant times and all the time then definitely it has something to do with the GFX Driver currently installed and running with compatibility issues, the latest driver 340.52 has caused problems on JS, JM models and would advise to use the Asus Support Page for Nvidia optimized drivers instead from Nvidia itself. Let us know how it works out

http://support.asus.com/download.asp...l3Rpr80XDgQJbl
    Hi,i tried Asus Nvidia drivers 337.88 WHQL and same problem.
    I know someone with g750jz gtx 880m and he disabled Vsync, get above 60 fps and no tearing at all.
    My Nvidia CP does not effect any game at all, but enabling Vsync throgh intel control panel does the work...but so much input lag!!!
    Games for example:titanfall,bf3/4,cs:go.
    Is there any way that my laptop is defected?

ROG Enthusiast Array Kelusion PC Specs
    Kelusion PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JZ
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JZA
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ 4710HQ Processor
    Memory (part number)Samsung M471B1G73QH0-YK0 - 32GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX880M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM (Auto-Overclocked)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorSasmung 55' Smart U9000, Samsung Syncmaster S24B300
    Storage #1512GB SSD
    Storage #21.5 TB HDD 7200 RPM
    CPU CoolerStock
    CaseStock
    Power SupplyStock
    Keyboard Corsair RGB K70 (2014)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse
    Headset Beats Studio Pro
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro - 64Bit
    Network RouterCisco

Quote Originally Posted by panchock View Post
    Hi,i tried Asus Nvidia drivers 337.88 WHQL and same problem.
    I know someone with g750jz gtx 880m and he disabled Vsync, get above 60 fps and no tearing at all.
    My Nvidia CP does not effect any game at all, but enabling Vsync throgh intel control panel does the work...but so much input lag!!!
    Games for example:titanfall,bf3/4,cs:go.
    Is there any way that my laptop is defected?
    CS:GO should never produce a screen tear, as it used to work on my oldest desktop which is like 8 years old without problems lol except a little low fps. Titanfall does not produce a screen tear on my JZ as I have it too. You should never rely on Intel CP cause thats for Intel GPU which will never give you actual performance of the Nvidia GPU, run the game on Nvidia GPU and make sure it runs on this Nvidia GPU. Should not conclude that its a hardware defect, as it does not happen in all games is it? But just to be sure, are you sure the games run on the Nvidia GPU?
    Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

ROG Member Array

CS:GO should never produce a screen tear, as it used to work on my oldest desktop which is like 8 years old without problems lol except a little low fps. Titanfall does not produce a screen tear on my JZ as I have it too. You should never rely on Intel CP cause thats for Intel GPU which will never give you actual performance of the Nvidia GPU, run the game on Nvidia GPU and make sure it runs on this Nvidia GPU. Should not conclude that its a hardware defect, as it does not happen in all games is it? But just to be sure, are you sure the games run on the Nvidia GPU?
    Im sure im using the nvidia gpu cause i got high fps...
    The screen tearing occured in all games!
    Isnt it wierd? Should it be like this?

ROG Member Array

Up^^^^

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

@Panchock: Run your games at 60 fps with v-sync on and you won't have any tearing. You can even get away without v-sync on some games with NO tearing at all. If you're having input lag at 60 FPS, then it's either the game's fault, or you're constantly dipping below 60 and therefore actually running the game at 30 FPS.

But here's an example (because i also have the JS and CS:GO): I'm running the game at a constant 120 FPS, but even at 60 FPS with v-sync on, there is NO input lag whatsoever, so if you think there is, this is your problem mate.

Found this 1 guy telling settings for the GPU in the NVIDIA control panel, global settings. After putting these, make sure your game is using the global settings.

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/95374520/file.html
    http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/69209874/file.html

After these I set my Vsync off from CS:GO. Just wanted to share these bcuz I have 750JZ and CS:GO working perfectly with 200-300fps. Hope you will get your **** to together. It is really annoying when with this cost we face problems; it should all be set and ready to go!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw37 View Post
    @Panchock: Run your games at 60 fps with v-sync on and you won't have any tearing. You can even get away without v-sync on some games with NO tearing at all. If you're having input lag at 60 FPS, then it's either the game's fault, or you're constantly dipping below 60 and therefore actually running the game at 30 FPS.

But here's an example (because i also have the JS and CS:GO): I'm running the game at a constant 120 FPS, but even at 60 FPS with v-sync on, there is NO input lag whatsoever, so if you think there is, this is your problem mate.
    Wait, do you have the asus g750js and when you play cs:go you got above 60fps and no tearing or suttering?
    What version of nvidia driver do you have?and did you do something with the driver options or just played?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast