cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene VII headphone noise

strakv
Level 7
I've recently purchased a Gene VII with a 4790K. Everything is fine but i've a very annoying issue. When using headphones connected to the front panel there is quite loud (not the usual EMI) noise in the left headphone. The problem only exists when i play games (WoT, FSX, Arma3) never during movie or music playback. I've updated BIOS and drivers, but it's still there. Do you have similar experience?
Any help would be appreciated

Vince
7 REPLIES 7

barahona
Level 7
Does this also happen when you plug it in the back?

No, it's only happening when headphones are connected ro the front panel

PhoneyVirus
Level 7
Plugged in the back or not, I hear popping and noise TOO when using in Firefox, browsing the web or starting applications, plus who wants cables hanging from the front of your case to use sonicamp making the PC look like its on life support really and honestly none of the ROG motherboards are worth what they are charging for it, and hate the fact I should've went with something else then ASUS products, like the X99 regret is all I feel.

There's so much wrong with the ROG series broads I wouldn't even know where to begin, sorry but that's just how I feel when looking at other motherboards manufactures say like MSI or Gigabyte.

PhoneyVirus
https://twitter.com/PhoneyVirus
https://phoneyvirus.wordpress.com/

wesslan
Level 7
I have the same problem with my VII Hero and the ROG front panel. Noise/static with headphones in front panel and just fine in the back. Seems like more people have it also. Even got the latest front panel with thick quality audio cable and still....

A little update: the noise is present only during the 3D parts of the game, not on the loading screens. This makes me think that this problem is related to the 3D sound driver.

strakv
Level 7
Just found out that the noise might be EMI from the graphics card as it is only present when the card is under heavy load. So i re-routed the front audio cable that had been laying on the GPU and the noise level got lowered. I think the solution will be some kind of non-conductive adhesive shielding foil on the GPU

erix_jansen
Level 7
Interesting! I have some noises and probems.
Noise is one.
GameRader is buggy.
And... I have 2.1 speakers and there is no preset, I have to use 5.1* and disable rear pair and center, to have stereo plus subwoover. But games think it is true 5.1 and mis-direct sounds, resulting in ZERO SOUNDs from front (dialogues etc).
A proper 2.1 profile would be awesome!

* Why use 5.1 some may ask... Well because my subwoofer has its own cable into the soundcard! It is not a pass-tru of the stereo speakers. If I selected 2 speakers, it would be unused.