Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    After ~80 mins of playing aims temperature holds around 80C and rare times lifts to 84-86C (then game) starts to freezing a bit. On Europa Universalis 4 I have 76-80C all the time. But now CPU fan worked on 3700rpm instead of 3200 before. It is not loud but rpm difference is quite big. I know it can work spin much harder but anyway isn' that a problem?
    I am getting quite confused with this laptop. First two days works perfectly, then one and a half day heating like oven and then it looks like going okay again.
    By the way thank you for your help. I was quite disappointed if I would give it back to vendor and take back my money, because warranty wont fix it in less than one week.
    And sorry for my english language. I am not very good at it.
    Last edited by Extrymas21; 08-10-2014 at 03:29 PM.

  2. #12
    ROG Enthusiast Array Kelusion PC Specs
    Kelusion PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JZ
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JZA
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ 4710HQ Processor
    Memory (part number)Samsung M471B1G73QH0-YK0 - 32GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX880M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM (Auto-Overclocked)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorSasmung 55' Smart U9000, Samsung Syncmaster S24B300
    Storage #1512GB SSD
    Storage #21.5 TB HDD 7200 RPM
    CPU CoolerStock
    CaseStock
    Power SupplyStock
    Keyboard Corsair RGB K70 (2014)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse
    Headset Beats Studio Pro
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro - 64Bit
    Network RouterCisco
    Kelusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Extrymas21 View Post
    After ~80 mins of playing aims temperature holds around 80C and rare times lifts to 84-86C (then game) starts to freezing a bit. On Europa Universalis 4 I have 76-80C all the time. But now CPU fan worked on 3700rpm instead of 3200 before. It is not loud but rpm difference is quite big. I know it can work spin much harder but anyway isn' that a problem?
    I am getting quite confused with this laptop. First two days works perfectly, then one and a half day heating like oven and then it looks like going okay again.
    No it is designed to run fast at higher RPMs when its heating to make it cool automatically and like you noticed it will do it regardless. Make sure the 'Run GPU Fan on Full Speed' is not enabled, also enable the GPU Overclock which should be on as well < you can find these options in Asus GPU Tweak if you can't find where to open this program, Go to Start and simple type GPU and GPU Tweak will come up in the results right click and add a shortcut to desktop as well.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-10 19_35_17-Start menu.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	39933
    By the looks of it, your pretty much fine and the only high Utilization is with SIMS3 you don't have to worry, your laptop is working fine enjoy it, don't think otherwise.
    Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

    Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

  3. #13
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    i believe everything is okay. I keep turned on that asus gpu tweak all the time and full speed fan is always turned od.sister playing sims further and temperatures are ~80 almost all the time. It jumped on 88-90C for a few seconds few times but I think it ia okay. As I read in those links which you placed in previous replies, Sims likes to do this things on cpu. I will try to get some other games which use much resources and have a look how are thay working. Thank you very much for your help. If everything goes okay I will lock this thread after few days.

  4. #14
    ROG Enthusiast Array Kelusion PC Specs
    Kelusion PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JZ
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JZA
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ 4710HQ Processor
    Memory (part number)Samsung M471B1G73QH0-YK0 - 32GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX880M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM (Auto-Overclocked)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorSasmung 55' Smart U9000, Samsung Syncmaster S24B300
    Storage #1512GB SSD
    Storage #21.5 TB HDD 7200 RPM
    CPU CoolerStock
    CaseStock
    Power SupplyStock
    Keyboard Corsair RGB K70 (2014)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse
    Headset Beats Studio Pro
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro - 64Bit
    Network RouterCisco
    Kelusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Extrymas21 View Post
    i believe everything is okay. I keep turned on that asus gpu tweak all the time and full speed fan is always turned od.sister playing sims further and temperatures are ~80 almost all the time. It jumped on 88-90C for a few seconds few times but I think it ia okay. As I read in those links which you placed in previous replies, Sims likes to do this things on cpu. I will try to get some other games which use much resources and have a look how are thay working. Thank you very much for your help. If everything goes okay I will lock this thread after few days.
    Glad to hear that enjoy your laptop, and yea its mostly SIMS3 with high CPU/GPU utilizations, but I still think the in-game settings might be able to fix it come down from 85C let us know how it all works out!
    Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

    Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

  5. #15
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    Hello again. I am here again with temperature problems, but now they are different. Last time I had too hot cup. Now I think I have too cool cpu. Everything was okay until todays evening. I had ~70-80C temperature on COD Black Ops2, Medal of honor warfighter and all other games. And for no reason temperature dropped to 50-55 C in this evening. Computer restart did not changed anything. Is not this is too low? I am afraid that this is not good for computer.

  6. #16
    ROG Enthusiast Array Kelusion PC Specs
    Kelusion PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JZ
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JZA
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ 4710HQ Processor
    Memory (part number)Samsung M471B1G73QH0-YK0 - 32GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX880M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM (Auto-Overclocked)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorSasmung 55' Smart U9000, Samsung Syncmaster S24B300
    Storage #1512GB SSD
    Storage #21.5 TB HDD 7200 RPM
    CPU CoolerStock
    CaseStock
    Power SupplyStock
    Keyboard Corsair RGB K70 (2014)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse
    Headset Beats Studio Pro
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro - 64Bit
    Network RouterCisco
    Kelusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Extrymas21 View Post
    Hello again. I am here again with temperature problems, but now they are different. Last time I had too hot cup. Now I think I have too cool cpu. Everything was okay until todays evening. I had ~70-80C temperature on COD Black Ops2, Medal of honor warfighter and all other games. And for no reason temperature dropped to 50-55 C in this evening. Computer restart did not changed anything. Is not this is too low? I am afraid that this is not good for computer.
    Low temperatures are always good for G750, while the high temps your getting are in games, did you try to enable Vsync and tweak some settings to see how it can affect you better? When you say the temp suddenly dropped, was it while the games were running? I'm guessing the fans probably kicked in at that time when the cooling of the CPU/GPU started happening. But like I said before, as long as its cooling the high utilization, its fine
    Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

    Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •