cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Build

anziil
Level 7
So i have always been a gamer never had my very own tower til now. my neighbor gave me his tower and i want to beef it up a little.

It has this mother board. http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR/

I need a better CPU and im going to get a set of 8gB RAM bumping each core to 12gb Ram (Currently only has a pair of 4's)

The computer runs very well buy leaves some to be desired. so im starting with the RAM and CPU, RAM is Easy, I just need Recommendations on a new processor and what is compatible with this mother board. It is Currently running AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00GHz

and just running yogscast chews it up lol. so i need to get a more beefy CPU.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
4 REPLIES 4

DaSheepDontLie
Level 7
Heres what i reccomend, and that motherboard is pretty outdated so check out the Crosshair V Formula-z instead
AMD FX 8350
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 (Costs almost the same as 12GB)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB DDR5 (any aftermarket version, such as ASUS or MSi)
Or
AMD Radeon R9 270x
Standard 1TB hd
That should be able to handle most things you throw at it

So I can basically keep the shell and build up from scratch? With a new motherboard. And so on, do you happen to known the price range of doing that?

Nvm looked all that up on Amazon. Roughly $800 for the mother board and components. That's a bullet I gotta bite one piece at a time. Lol that's why I never had a tower spend to much in other places.

THANKS!

DaSheepDontLie wrote:
Heres what i reccomend, and that motherboard is pretty outdated so check out the Crosshair V Formula-z instead
AMD FX 8350
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 (Costs almost the same as 12GB)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB DDR5 (any aftermarket version, such as ASUS or MSi)
Or
AMD Radeon R9 270x
Standard 1TB hd
That should be able to handle most things you throw at it

why not 8320?

kkn
Level 14
well you can keep old one and make a htpc or a file server of it 🙂
i would say it all depends on what you are going to use it for.
gaming? yes new parts.
web browsing and things like that? no need.