cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pg278q - so so launch so far.

dupalec
Level 7
Hi all and AVE!
I was so ready to get this monitor since announcement at CES (i think) and I've read every thread with word pg278q in it, including those asking for advice for builds (well I am enthusiast after all), but now, when i read about all the issues people are having it makes me a bit worried. I do understand that majority of people who got that beast of a monitor, will not come and post "hey, i got it and it works" because it would be somewhat pointless, but on the other hand, reading that there is issues with dead pixels - and limit of return is 5 - screen tearing (not while playing), issues with nVidia drivers and display port cables makes me a bit more skeptical about getting it. I'ts still not available in US, and I assume that as soon as it is, it will be sold out within hours, and I do want to get it but man, i don't want to have issues from the get go. I expect, when paying premium price, a premium product, and that monitor will fulfill that, as long as there are no issues. I just have a bad feeling about it... oh, and not many people or reviewers talk about 3D and that interests me more since i actually played 3D game in 3D on my TV. What do you guys think, am I getting paranoid because i want this to succeed? hmm
15 REPLIES 15

kkn
Level 14
if you buy it or not is up to you.
its a new product and there will always be buggs in them no matter what.
yes it is an xpensive monitor and we in eu have to pay more then ppl in the us.
but as of now i would guess its down to nvidia to fix the drivers so the monitors will work.
since its theirs invention.

Well, i do need a new monitor since one from my 3x1 died. I've been postponing it for some time, patiently waiting for release of pg278q. Like spider sense, it tingles saying, watch out, don't be hasty with purchase, but on the other hand, this is a unique monitor (at least for now) and it hits all the right notes.

kkn
Level 14
true. problem from what have ben posted. if tri monitor surround settup i dont know if it will work.
i dont know if they have tested it whit other monitors whit the swift.
even i want one but as of now i cant afford it.
for me its going to cost 1100usd for one.
and how it is going from 47" to 27" its going to be a huge step. hehe.

I did read somewhere, that as long as you use this as primary monitor in a setup, all the good things like G-Sync and 3D will work.

kkn
Level 14
as from what i know it can work.

X-ROG
Level 15
3D can't work together with G-Sync, it's one or the other sorry due to the fact the active glasses need to sync to the display refresh rate. Also, it doesn't come with a 3D kit - you need to own the glasses and IR emitter already 🙂

Most of the issues people are having are to do with 'early' GSync drivers and they are actively being addressed by Nvidia in its driver development. Yes, we're 8 months after announcement, but in the grand scheme of things we are only a few months after retail GSync monitors started hitting the market, so it's early days still.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
3D can't work together with G-Sync, it's one or the other sorry due to the fact the active glasses need to sync to the display refresh rate. Also, it doesn't come with a 3D kit - you need to own the glasses and IR emitter already 🙂

Most of the issues people are having are to do with 'early' GSync drivers and they are actively being addressed by Nvidia in its driver development. Yes, we're 8 months after announcement, but in the grand scheme of things we are only a few months after retail GSync monitors started hitting the market, so it's early days still.

I knew that, I was talking about 3 monitor setup. As long as PG278Q is the main monitor, connected through DP cable, G-Sync OR 3D OR ULMB will work, 2 other monitors are of no issue. Not sure if all of them should be connected to 1 card, or could do 2 separate ones and I'm not talking about PG278Q surround. Because for that you need 3 card SLI. I did my research.

Toms Hardware review:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/rog-swift-pg278q-g-sync-monitor,3897.html

To bad they don't talk about 3D 😐 but everything else is in order.