Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

competition

But 4k with gsync out by acer very soon it seems: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2014/77934

ROG Member Array

I was thinking about it, but if pg278q is any indication of when they are bringing it to the market, i'll pass. I don't want to be waiting next few months.
    "The Acer XB280HK starts shipping in Q2 in Pan America, EMEA, Japan, and Taiwan." well, we are almost in Q3 and there is no info about this monitor being for sale any time soon. :|

ROG Enthusiast Array jasonvp PC Specs
    jasonvp PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 7900X
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK64GX4M8X4200C19 Vengeance LPX 64GB
    Graphics Card #1NVidia Titan X (Pascal)
    Graphics Card #2NVidia Titan X (Pascal)
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorAsus ROG PG27UQ, 2 x LG 4K/60Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung SM951 500GB M.2
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseCaseLabs Magnum THW10
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Unicomp USB Model M
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser HD800
    Mouse Pad People actually still use mousepads?!
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dupalec View Post
    we are almost in Q3...
    No, we're about half way through Q3. :-)

ROG Member Array

yeah, i meant to say Q4... but my point stands.
    Right now, I'm running 2 GTX 780, I hope that they will be able to handle 3D in that resolution with medium to high settings. I can't possibly expect to be running those 2 cards in 4k (in plain 2d) with same settings. I don't think that even next generation 880 Ti or Black ( or whatever new name scheme is going to be) will be able to handle 4k with proper high settings even in SLI (tri or quad maybe but it's out of my budget range) So for now, this monitor should be "good enough".

the 8xx series i thing the will not run on the sale chip as the current 780's and titans does.
    they wil be made on an older one im im not wrong that is.
    bt google it first to be shure.

ROG Member Array

You mean, newer one as in Maxwell? Yeah, i know. Leaked info about 870 shows that it's supposed to be as good if not better than 780 Ti, but we will see.

Fun info in Polish language - http://pclab.pl/art59113-6.html shows that PG278Q will show WHOLE SYSTEM input lag of 9 ms. They were testing it at 700 fps in GRID Autosport. It takes 1.5 ms to render 1 frame at that framerate and can be deducted from the WHOLE SYSTEM input lag. I guess you could deduct 1 ms delay from pulling rate of a mouse @1000 ms, but they didn't say anything about it, that's just my guess. There is more info to come in following weeks, more tests from them.
    Another fun fact, CRT were slower on newer cards, with converter from digital to analogue. Older cards that were made with Analogue outputs in mind make CRT go faster than LCD. Another observation that i made was that it takes about 10 ms to convert digital to analogue and vice versa.
    Last edited by dupalec; 08-14-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2