cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus (1 day old) g550JK with random touchpad 'tap' problem

cadalokl
Level 7
So I I just picked up my new asus g550jk and instead of spending the night enjoying it I spent it trying to fix this touchpad. Sometime the touchpad is amazing and sometimes it it doesnt allow me to use the tap function I need to use the physical click also its random.

I found out if I uninstall asus smart gesture then the problem is solved but I want to able to scroll using the touchpad and uninstalling it doesnt allow that I dont care for other functions.

Tried the synaptics driver and obv it didn't allow me
I tried some elantech driver and its just an older asus smart gesture and same problem
I tried updating smart gesture and still nothing
4 REPLIES 4

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Hope it's okay that I edited your title to (hopefully) make it more clear what your post is about.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this 'sticky' thread about touchpad issues, take a look at item #2 "G570 Left Click issues when typing [solved]" about touchpad delays after typing.
Wishing it can help, but let us know if it doesn't since others may have better ideas.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46928-Collection-of-Some-Touchpad-and-Touchpad-Button-relat...

the left click is not the problem tho
its the tap being the problem
the left click never fails its just every once in awhile the tap on touch pad doesnt work so i have to use the left click

and none of the problems are like mine 😕

Any help would be great

Edit by cl-Albert: Okay, just changed the title, so hopefully it's more accurate now.

cadalokl
Level 7
Ok so I just returned it and i am waiting for a new one to come in so i can test if it is with all G550 or just mine
if its all then i dont know what computer i should get N550 maybe?

UPDATE:I got my new G550 and so far so good no touchpad issues and asus smart gesture is being nice lol

cadalokl wrote:
Ok so I just returned it and i am waiting for a new one to come in so i can test if it is with all G550 or just mine
if its all then i dont know what computer i should get N550 maybe?

UPDATE:I got my new G550 and so far so good no touchpad issues and asus smart gesture is being nice lol

Hi,
just wondering, how are you making out with the touchpad on the replacement laptop? is it still good? I am having the same exact issue you described with the random tapping problem on a 3 day old Asus X552LA. Are you very sure your issue wasn't related to a specific game? I imagine you are doing a lot of gaming on that since it's a gaming laptop. I can't be sure but it sure as hell seemed that whenever I would go into NBA 2k14, after I come out of the game I notice the issue until the next reboot (even though I do not use the touchpad inside the game). Then the touchpad works fine again after a reboot until i go back into that game, and so on. I know logically it doesn't make any sense but computers sometimes don't make sense! lol. I was told the likelihood of a touchpad being defective on a brand new laptop is very slim but I guess anything is possible. I also read that an outdated BIOS could result in touchpad issues. I am debating whether I want to update my BIOS or not. And I can't help but wonder if the replacement laptop you received had a newer BIOS than your original laptop, (and hence you did not experience the issue on it).
Thanks