cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75VX: GPU replacement

Desecravity
Level 7
Hello to all,

I have recently come across the opportunity to purchase an Asus G75VX for a great price. The only catch is that the GTX 670MX video card is not functioning.

Since I can not find much information through general searches, I would like to find out if anyone here on the ROG forums know if the GTX 670MX can be replaced with a standard GTX 670M, the latter being quite cheap, or would I need to purchase the GTX 670MX which seems to be more than double the price?

Lastly, I would also like to know in anyone's personal opinion if this is likely going to be a bigger effort than worth the hassle, or is this simply a 'pull out - put in' easy solution? I would need to import the card, unfortunately, as I cannot find them locally in Australia.

I have decent knowledge as far as hardware is concerned and I am comfortable replacing PC components. However, I have never worked on a laptop before, so I would like to know if I am getting myself into something a little difficult here?

Any answers appreciated.

Cheers,
des.
3 REPLIES 3

kkn
Level 14
notebook section

Desecravity
Level 7
Well, thank you for the very blunt introduction to these forums. My issue was 'tech' related, and as such I was under the impression I was in the right place.

kkn
Level 14
well the notebook ppl hangs out there and tbh hardly none of em goes up to this tread.
so it would only get lost whit out getting replyed to.
unless some of the admins finds it and moves it.