cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CERBERUS Headsets (Mic problem) [Resolved]

Bee2BeeFree
Level 7
Hi guys im new here =]]
so i recently bought Asus ROG G550JK-CN277H, the laptop comes with headset (CERBERUS) and i have problem with the mic,
the headsets working good but when i connect the mic it still working with the laptop mic =\ ,
and i have the latest Realtek version (and i checked the option it shows me
only the laptop mic)
7 REPLIES 7

GabEzek
Level 7
Same issues as Bee2BeeFree, except I got the headset along with the Asus ROG G751JT.

The laptop mic works fine, but the detachable boom mic, or even the headset mic, does not work. Some help trouble shooting would be nice.

XBeater
Level 7
Bee2BeeFree wrote:
Hi guys im new here =]]
so i recently bought Asus ROG G550JK-CN277H, the laptop comes with headset (CERBERUS) and i have problem with the mic,
the headsets working good but when i connect the mic it still working with the laptop mic =\ ,
and i have the latest Realtek version (and i checked the option it shows me
only the laptop mic)

I have the same issue. Whenever i connected the Cerberus to my G501, the headset functionality is the only one working not the muc. I check the realtek window to see the device and the only thing i can see there is the built in microphone. Is this a bug or its just asus only included a microphone jack on this laptop not a Combo jack? pls reply to my email - kennethkim1221@gmail.com

Thank you fellow gamers.

xitoxic
Level 7
I am sorry for digging this old post but i have the same issue with the cerberus headphones that i got with g551jx

The inline mic or the Boom mic both are not working for me too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou

UPDATE

Its working for me now, after i upgraded to win 10.
When connecting the headset to the port, just go to control panel > Realtek HD Audio Manager
There will be three options to select from when you connect the headset

1. Headphones
2. Speaker Out
3. Headset

Click Headset and Ok.

Your inline and Boom mic's will start to work after this.

For confirmation just go to Voice recording app and try to record a voice by sitting far from your laptop but speaking in the boom mic or inline mic, and It will work.

I don't see Headset 😕 some1 help?

Check the packet. There's an audio 3.5 combo jack splitter in. Use it and problem is solved 😄 Your notebook doesn't have a combo jack but Cerebrus have. So, you must use it.

So I've tried all the "solutions" on here, I uninstalled the drivers, used all the different extensions in different orders to see if that would help, uninstalled all RealTek software together with the drivers before doing a system restart to no avail. Watched a few Youtube videos as well to see if I can find some solutions, but found nothing useful. This is definitely not my computer, as my other ear- and headphones work perfectly fine. The on board mic of my laptop also works. The mic on my Asus Rog Cerberus used to work when I first got it but now just about two months in, it's not working at all.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Had a look at the privacy settings?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102177-ROG-Centurion-Microphone-not-working-after-Apr-2018...