cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW will not boot up

mgkoll
Level 7
Have a 2 year old G75vw that I bought at Best Buy. After a year of use, when I turned it on, sometimes the screen would come on to sign-in and sometimes it would not. I would have to continue turning it off and back on again until the screen came on allowing me to sign in. Now, it will not boot at all. I turn the machine on and the processing light goes on for 2 to 3 seconds then goes off. I cannot sign into nor use the machine at all. I have a lot of graphics stored on the machine and need to get into it. Can anyone help.
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

1. If you are running Windows 7, can you try to tap the 'F2' key as soon as you turn on the system to get into the bios? If you troubleshoot more with anyone, it will give a better idea if it may just be a Windows software/hard drive-related issue, or some other problem with the system itself.

2. Unfortunately there may not always be a quick and easy answer, so if necessary consider contacting your local ASUS support as well to troubleshoot if you don't get a quick solution here. If necessary, consider sending the notebook back for out-of-warranty service if this makes sense for your situations.
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

3. If you haven't tried it already, search for some older threads with similar problem reports and hopefully a solution.

4. If you are more worried about the data than the getting the system to work right now, it's possible to remove the hard drive and attach it to another computer (if available?) with a USB hard drive adapter assuming the hard drive is working okay. Also, be sure to check item #1 above, but you may still want to try this either way.
Otherwise, you could probably pay somebody to do this for you if you prefer.

Good luck!