ROG Member Array

Asus G53S charger stops working with Watch Dogs?

Hi,

The game plays fine on my laptop but the laptop suddenly shuts down and the laptop charger light goes off (seems like out of power) but when I pull the other end of cable from charger and put it back, then the charger again starts working (charger light goes on again) and then I restart laptop

This only happens when I play watchdogs. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Super Moderator Array

Hi,

Not sure if you normally do anything else as graphics intensive, but expect the same thing may happen if you tried it with other applications that are as demanding?

Anyway, are you using the original ASUS Adapter and can you confirm the voltage(V) and amperage(A) output rating printed on the adapter you are using?

If you are still under warranty, you may want to contact your local ASUS support before it expires. Thanks.
    http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

ROG Member Array

The problem is that the warranty has expired. It is Asus orginal charger. The charger output says +19V and 6.32 A. Do you think replacing the charger could solve the issue?

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by shah.syedarif View Post
    The problem is that the warranty has expired. It is Asus orginal charger. The charger output says +19V and 6.32 A. Do you think replacing the charger could solve the issue?
    You have the 120w (19V*6.32A) adapter which is supposed to be for the dual-core cpu models if you can confirm this.

The ASUS G53Sw website specifications lists the 150w adapter for the quad-core cpu models, so if you upgraded the cpu, or are using the quad-core cpu (feel free to give us your cpu details to check this), you should be using this adapter.

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...pecifications/

There should be a matching input voltage and amperage label under your notebook for the 19V, 6.32A if you want to check this too.

Also, make sure you battery is fully charged before playing this game, or if you can make sure nothing metal gets near the exposed battery contacts, try to test the system without the battery to see if this helps.

Although it probably will not run as well, try to run the unit just on battery power as well just to confirm the problem only happens when using the AC adapter. Thanks.