cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH lag crash etc.

Younes
Level 7
hello i bought my new g750j 2 weeks ago and i lag in games like dofus diablo etc. i also have sometimes nvidia crash and the message is " Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.52 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
i have i7 4700 2.4ghz 8gb ram and nvidia 780m if someone can help me thank you in advance and sorry for my english 😞
7 REPLIES 7

Kelusion
Level 7
Younes wrote:
hello i bought my new g750j 2 weeks ago and i lag in games like dofus diablo etc. i also have sometimes nvidia crash and the message is " Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.52 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
i have i7 4700 2.4ghz 8gb ram and nvidia 780m if someone can help me thank you in advance and sorry for my english 😞

Younes, you haven't specified specified exactly which J version your using? JX/JH JZ/JM/JS? Looking by the looks of your message as far as I understand this is a G750JH version, This error message is mainly the driver 340.52 not working correctly with your GPU and crashing, although it should work fine.

However try to downgrade the Nvidia driver to something lower then 340.52 and see if that helps, I'm pretty much sure you can try a stable one from the official Asus Support Page downloads by looking for your exact model.

Uninstall your current driver from the Control Panel, install the most likely go with 337.88 stable one, then from there you can keep downgrading following the Asus Support Download Page to see which one works best for you, whenever you go for it make sure you do 'Clean Driver Installation'.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=G750JH&os=&hashedid=yql3Rpr80XDgQJbl

Let us know how it works out 🙂
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

Younes
Level 7
hi sorry i was in vacation now im back , i have a G750JH ill try to downgrade the nvidia driver , what's about the lag ? is it from the nvidia driver? thank you again !

Younes
Level 7
i downloaded the 337.88 version still have the problem , i think its because of conflict between realtek driver and nvidia ?

Younes wrote:
i downloaded the 337.88 version still have the problem , i think its because of conflict between realtek driver and nvidia ?

Younes, generally, when you get the Display Driver Stopped - restarting error, at stock speeds, in multiple driver versions, on multiple games/application - it indicates you have a problematic GPU that has gone out of spec and needs to be RMA'd.

You could try updating all drivers to the latest version, Windows 8.1 drivers install on Windows 8.0 too, to see if there is anything else that could be influencing the crash - and / or reset the OS on the PC from F9 startup - or use your Asus Backtracker flash drive backup to restore to out of the box configuration - and see if the Display Driver stopped messages stop occurring.

If you can recreate the failure on demand, using a benchmark / stress test, something that Asus can also use to verify the failure on demand, that would be ideal.

Run the Furmark 15 minute burn in test, or Unigine Heaven to induce the failure so you can report a reproduceable error to Asus to ask for RMA, or to tell the seller if you are still in the return period.

You can file the Technical Inquiry with Asus here, after registering a login and registering your laptop:
https://vip.asus.com

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂

I've had the same exact problem that he has been describing. I took your advice and ran Furmark with the 15 minute option. Upon launch the driver stopped but then recovered. Then for the 15 minute period, it worked totally fine, running smooth and all. Then as soon as it finished, the driver stopped working and it crashed the furmark test before I could get the test results...

Gtahippie wrote:
I've had the same exact problem that he has been describing. I took your advice and ran Furmark with the 15 minute option. Upon launch the driver stopped but then recovered. Then for the 15 minute period, it worked totally fine, running smooth and all. Then as soon as it finished, the driver stopped working and it crashed the furmark test before I could get the test results...

Gtahippie, when the Nvidia Display driver crashes and restarts it runs at very low speed until you reboot Windows, then the Nvidia Display driver runs at full speed again.

It sounds like your Nvidia GPU is having problems, and you should contact Asus for an RMA - there really isn't anything you can do about it - assuming you are running at stock speed and not overclocking - reduce your overclock if you are 🙂

You can create a login here, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry with the details of the problem, be sure and let them know you ran Furmark so they know they know how they can reproduce the failure at their end.

https://vip.asus.com

Please come back and let us know how it works out.

They had told me to reset the BIOS to factory settings. So I did, and when that didn't work they told me to reset my computer to factory settings. That didn't work, so now I have inquired for an RMA, and they have yet to respond.(Most likely because of the weekend.)
Since then, the problem has gotten worse with BSODs when I try to play games.