cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The JS is not being sold in Vietnam?! But JZ and JM is

ZerockX
Level 7
Recently ASUS released G750 in Vietnam, i planned to buy the JS, but how come there are JZ and JM here and they dont just make it done with the JS. It's the only version that i love, body thickness enuf and powerful enuf
Can someone here do something so i can get my beloved machine?
And no i dont want to buy from a foreign reseller =(
11 REPLIES 11

hmscott
Level 12
ZerockX wrote:
Recently ASUS released G750 in Vietnam, i planned to buy the JS, but how come there are JZ and JM here and they dont just make it done with the JS. It's the only version that i love, body thickness enuf and powerful enuf
Can someone here do something so i can get my beloved machine?
And no i dont want to buy from a foreign reseller =(

ZerockX, get a JZ, and be extremely happy!

The JZ has better cooling, and isn't that much thicker, even though the split vents make it look bad ass - overall it is the same svelte size 🙂

Fast RAID0 boot drive, much faster GTX880m, all things you will come to appreciate in the long run.

Let us know what you end up getting 🙂

ZerockX
Level 7
I'm getting into university, and im a tech/game enthusiast. The only thing stops me from buying the JZ is some reviews say it's "heavy", which will be a pain for my university life. Should i go with it or have to look for another?

ZerockX wrote:
I'm getting into university, and im a tech/game enthusiast. The only thing stops me from buying the JZ is some reviews say it's "heavy", which will be a pain for my university life. Should i go with it or have to look for another?

G750JH weight 4.95KG
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JH/specifications/

G750JZ weight 4.8KG
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JZ/specifications/

G750JS weight 4.8KG
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JS/specifications/

It looks like the G750JZ weighs less than the G750JH and the same as the G750JS, according to Asus published specs.

It is heavy, but the same for both models, JS and JZ

I have carried my JH around every day to work and back home, and it is doable.

If you are planning on taking the JZ/JS to class I would rethink it, as it likely won't fit on most University desks, you will want a tablet or a lightweight laptop to take to classes.

And those with slimbody all have problem with the heat, or the specs. Looks like i have to accept the heat problem.
Many thanks hmscott !

ZerockX wrote:
And those with slimbody all have problem with the heat, or the specs. Looks like i have to accept the heat problem.
Many thanks hmscott !

ZerockX, the JZ reports have shown a better / lower temperatures than the JS/JM, not quite as cool as the JH for CPU, but about the same for GPU.

The fan kicks in more often on the CPU on the JZ due to the Intel GPU enabled for Windows/browser/etc - you can't force those to run on the Nvidia GPU so the CPU/iGPU heats up a bit more causing the CPU fan to kick on more often near idle.

Look for XTU postings about reducing the CPU Voltage offset to reduce heat and tuning the Windows Power plans for non-Turbo mode for everyday use when you need quiet fan operation on the CPU.

Let us know when you get your G750, and how you like it 🙂

hmscott wrote:
ZerockX, the JZ reports have shown a better / lower temperatures than the JS/JM, not quite as cool as the JH for CPU, but about the same for GPU.

The fan kicks in more often on the CPU on the JZ due to the Intel GPU enabled for Windows/browser/etc - you can't force those to run on the Nvidia GPU so the CPU/iGPU heats up a bit more causing the CPU fan to kick on more often near idle.

Look for XTU postings about reducing the CPU Voltage offset to reduce heat and tuning the Windows Power plans for non-Turbo mode for everyday use when you need quiet fan operation on the CPU.

Let us know when you get your G750, and how you like it 🙂

ZerockX wrote:
Many thanks hmscott !

I was in the same train as you ZerockX, had a order for JS, then thought about it and simply went for JZ, the weights of all JS/JM/JZ are all around 4.9ish. Particularly much lighter still then what I had thought for it literally. The JZ's CPU/GPU is excellent, as I sold both my other laptop and desktop altogether after getting this and using it, the power of this beast is amazing completely agree with what hmscott said above, although the CPU never gets heated high enough for me regardless at anything, idle always 38-42C, normal 44-45C, games heavy 70-73C, normal games with multitasking 58-62C all of this am talking about games even being on Vsync On/Off.

Never had a single problem with it nor as many say about Optimus, for me it works flawlessly and doesn't make me want to hate it or get rid of it as it hasn't did what I have seen from alot of posts in my JZ, nor the fans are as loud as it was in the latest edition of Alienware 2014 18 which I had and the weight combined is pretty slick if you ask me, plus you get tons in it as a whole package. I use this now as my daily driver, always 12-14 hours on AC. Without AC get around 3:05 Hrs/Mins Battery of usage can get to 3:20+ if I tweak some more and turn off the keyboard lights and other non essential stuff. Let us know what you get and how it goes ahead for you 🙂
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

Kelusion wrote:
I was in the same train as you ZerockX, had a order for JS, then thought about it and simply went for JZ, the weights of all JS/JM/JZ are all around 4.9ish. Particularly much lighter still then what I had thought for it literally. The JZ's CPU/GPU is excellent, as I sold both my other laptop and desktop altogether after getting this and using it, the power of this beast is amazing completely agree with what hmscott said above, although the CPU never gets heated high enough for me regardless at anything, idle always 38-42C, normal 44-45C, games heavy 70-73C, normal games with multitasking 58-62C all of this am talking about games even being on Vsync On/Off.

Never had a single problem with it nor as many say about Optimus, for me it works flawlessly and doesn't make me want to hate it or get rid of it as it hasn't did what I have seen from alot of posts in my JZ, nor the fans are as loud as it was in the latest edition of Alienware 2014 18 which I had and the weight combined is pretty slick if you ask me, plus you get tons in it as a whole package. I use this now as my daily driver, always 12-14 hours on AC. Without AC get around 3:05 Hrs/Mins Battery of usage can get to 3:20+ if I tweak some more and turn off the keyboard lights and other non essential stuff. Let us know what you get and how it goes ahead for you 🙂

Thanks alot Kelusion, i will go see for it at the store and if it amazes me (pretty sure it will) then imma go for it 😃

ZerockX
Level 7
Another problem shows up guys lol. As i look around notebookreview forum, looks like every guys there advise me not to buy a laptop now. They say there are 900m coming. What u guys suggest me?

ZerockX wrote:
Another problem shows up guys lol. As i look around notebookreview forum, looks like every guys there advise me not to buy a laptop now. They say there are 900m coming. What u guys suggest me?

ZerockX, you have to calculate the cost of doing without a JH/JZ class laptop for the time period you would need to wait.

Asus has been following a release cycle for a long time, announcing in Jan/Feb, and delivering in April-June - sometimes longer. That doesn't mean that Asus won't jump in earlier and release something quicker - especially if other vendors release quicker - and you don't know if the new models will be better - or have problems of their own.

The JW/JX/JH, even though the previous generation, are mostly as fast as the new models, the only real difference being that the Intel GPU has been enabled and Optimus replacing simple single GPU selection - on the JW/JX/JH the Nvidia GPU runs everything - on the Optimus based JS/JM/JZ you can't change Windows from using the Intel GPU and although many seem to not notice - more do notice the issues involved and have to adapt.

The JW/JX/JH had few thermal issues - occasionally someone would get a hot unit and a visit to RMA would fix it. Noone thought the JM/JS/JZ would have temperature / fan noise at near idle / cooling issues because Asus introduced them with new Copper infused heatsinks - but all the JM/JS/JZ's are affected by thermal issues that the JW/JX/JH don't have.

So even if the new laptops have newer named GPU's, and be a little faster, they may introduce unexpected problems that need to be ironed out in the first 6 months of shipping, or you may want to continue to wait through another release cycle.

I am hoping that no matter what new Nvidia GPU comes along in the new models, Asus will provide a way to disable Optimus / Intel GPU and feed the output of the Nvidia GPU directly to the video outputs - instead of routing through the Intel Video section - even when the Nvidia GPU is doing the rendering - that would be almost as good as an Nvidia only solution. If I could turn on the Intel GPU while on battery, and remove the Intel GPU from the processing / output path while on AC, that would be worth waiting for.

So, for me, I am waiting till the next release cycle, but only because I have a JH that does everything the JZ does, without the Intel GPU and Optimus.

If it were me, I would hunt down a good JH, and wait a release or two until Asus / Nvidia / Intel work out the mess that is Optimus.

If your only choice is a JZ, it is the best of the current models and you can de-tune the Intel CPU / GPU to reduce the fan noise at idle, and it performs as well as the JH on Nvidia compatible/selectabke Optimus programs, and it runs about 15-30 minutes longer than a JH on battery.

If you do get a JH/JZ, be sure and run it through all the benchmark / stress tests on AC and battery you can in the initial acceptance period - so if you find a problem you can return it to the vendor instead of needing to go through an RMA with Asus for a fix. This applies to all laptop purchases - not just the JH/JZ or with Asus 🙂

Let us know what you decide!