cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM Component Upgrade information

Kasemodder
Level 7
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a G750JM but I'm in a position with all the travel and locations, that I need to order all the upgrades I'm going to need for it at the same time.

With that, I've got some questions that I haven't seen a straight answer for and need to know before I can jump on getting this ordered.

1. Hard drive upgrade
Does the laptop ship with a hard drive caddy in the unused hard drive bay? Are additional drive caddies available (or necessary?) I will be swapping the drives in and out a lot (Server 2012R2 Hyper-V drive pair for work demonstrations, SSD and HDD for after-work gaming, travel media, etc) I'd anticipate having 4 total drives that I'd swap between.

2. RAM upgrades
What is the shipped RAM configuration? (12 GB DDR3L, but at what clock speed? what slot configuration? is it in a multi-channel architecture?, what's the range of speeds it can accept?) I'd like to try to save a bit of money and not replace what came with it, if possible, but for those VMs, I'm going to need an upgrade too.
I don't see any specs for this laptop like they have for ASUS motherboards (big fan, used them for the last 3 builds), listing their RAM compatibility and such.

Thanks! And I hope to join the group of ROG owners soon!
1 REPLY 1

Vanility
Level 7
1) Haven't seen any caddys sold seperatly, but yes there is a caddy in the unused harddrive bay.

2) 1600mhz, I believe the one with 12gb would have one slot open for extra ram, so it uses 3x4gb, without opening the whole laptop you can only reach 1used/1unused slot.
Also take a look here : http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33744-Upgraders-1.35V-memory-is-required!&country=&status=