Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned Array

Fine. One month give or take. Dislike that NDA thing. Not good for the costumers.
    Are there any visuals for the ROG boards? Don't tell me the new line will be available in a month's time and there is nada to show?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array MatsGlobetrotter's Avatar

:-) Randy I think the NDA is exactly the same for the MBs as other info. I am sure a release will come same day as processors and memory even picture wise. Asus did not release much for the Z97 either meanwhile other providers seems to. Though those who do in advance might change a few things in last minute anyway (thus decoy chips setup on their pre-release boards)
    It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by randyenergy View Post
    Fine. One month give or take. Dislike that NDA thing. Not good for the costumers.
    Are there any visuals for the ROG boards? Don't tell me the new line will be available in a month's time and there is nada to show?
    Nothing will be revealed until launch too sorry.

Other people can show their hands early, then you can forget about them. Once you can actually buy the bits that go in it and there's real prices, then it's best to launch a product. You get all the info at the right time.

From what's been shown so far is mere fireworks compared to what's in our readying artillery
    Last edited by _; 08-15-2014 at 08:42 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array MatsGlobetrotter's Avatar

Now Dominator DDR4 are listed in two Swedish shops with starting date 29th August and another article on the sweclocker site confirming August 29th as THE date so seems pretty reasonable to assume we are a go in 2 weeks :-)
    It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Here are some Corsair DDR4 pix.Notice the taperd pins on the bottom of the stick

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=111332

Here is a better picture of the tapered pins

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=111274
    Last edited by 01 Wolverine; 08-15-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    Nothing will be revealed until launch too sorry.

Other people can show their hands early, then you can forget about them. Once you can actually buy the bits that go in it and there's real prices, then it's best to launch a product. You get all the info at the right time.

From what's been shown so far is mere fireworks compared to what's in our readying artillery
    understand you and the business side of things.
    Can you confirm there will be ROG mobos ready? Or does ASUS starts with the cheapies and later adds the ROG?
    And when product launches how long it will take for it to reach the 4 corners of the world?
    Have stored my AMD rig. Ready to take Intel right now...is it worth to wait for the new X99, innovation and time speaking?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array twisted1's Avatar

Asus always has boards ready, and if they don't it's worth the wait

How haswell-e will perform is anyone's guess. I'd wait till we get some reviews on hand. They the shrink and their "new" epoxy tim instead of solder might be recipie for heat issues.

And DDR4 is slooow and crazy expensive. But that's nothing new, same thing happens every new DDR generation. Takes a while before mem gets faster than the previous gen.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by twisted1 View Post
    Asus always has boards ready, and if they don't it's worth the wait

How haswell-e will perform is anyone's guess. I'd wait till we get some reviews on hand. They the shrink and their "new" epoxy tim instead of solder might be recipie for heat issues.

And DDR4 is slooow and crazy expensive. But that's nothing new, same thing happens every new DDR generation. Takes a while before mem gets faster than the previous gen.
    Yeah, think will wait. A month is going to take looooooooooong to pass.
    Meantime going remove my anxiety by playing with this one and get acquaintance with Intel: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

Banned Array

After much soul searching and very good advise from an experienced bencher, decided to skip the X99 line. Not tested yet, expensive, etc.
    For a rookie i will be happy to explore Intel with the present offerings.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array twisted1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randyenergy View Post
    After much soul searching and very good advise from an experienced bencher, decided to skip the X99 line. Not tested yet, expensive, etc.
    For a rookie i will be happy to explore Intel with the present offerings.
    Have an eye out for used X79 boards and cpu's when X99 arrives. People will probably be selling alot of those to cover the costs of those expensive DDR4 sticks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast