cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aug 15th and still no info?

ImprovV
Level 7
Hi,

I am very confused about this. We are nearing the eve of the US launch for the RoG Swift monitor and there is still no info whatsoever. We have no exact release date, no pre-orders, nothing. Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't get how such a massive company can provide so little info near the eve of the launch for one of their most hyped and anticipated monitors. How can Asus not know when it will be on sale? Why is there no pre-order? Are we even getting the monitors in August? I really think we should be provided with this info and if Asus doesn't have it well again that is very strange.

I really want to buy this monitor as do many others but we are in the dark about it. I'm worried that it's going to pop up out of nowhere and by the time I can purchase it it will be sold out. Some sort of heads up or a pre-order will be very nice.

Thank you for reading my concerns.
8 REPLIES 8

ImprovV
Level 7
Guess I'll take the silence as a no comment. Oh well. Hopefully the next big product launch goes a different direction.

I just find it strange that there are over 100 views for this thread and not one person shares the same feelings that I have.

blackforce
Level 7
and it did pop up i got a preorder , should be shipped monday 8/18/14

Where? I've checked tiger direct, amazon, newegg, fry's, etc. and I do not see anything.

ImprovV
Level 7
How did you pre-order it? I just checked the site and it says 'add to wish list.' No order button.

blackforce
Level 7
I got in on the 1st 10. check in the morning they will be doing it again for about 10 more monitors. wow i just checked again maybe they can't get any more just yet, the other preorders was suppose to be in the morning. sorry.

ImprovV
Level 7
No problem bud. I decided to give up on this monitor.

I have been using a crappy old 17 inch monitor for months and months after my 144hz Asus monitor died. I waited just for this monitor and refused to play games on my temp monitor but this launch has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I have never seen such a mishandled product launch and even though we finally seem to be in the final stretch I just can't wait any longer. I want to play my games so I'm just going to buy the new BenQ 27 inch monitors. Plus I would feel like a real idiot if I spend day after day refreshing pages just to not miss it then find out it was in stock while I was at work and was sold out. It's just not worth it.

Thank you for your help I appreciate it.

yea i hear you i have given up also got my money back on a bs preorder, look at this crap.

http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2140488/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL