cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DMark

randyenergy
Level 10
3DMark - Fire Strike/Sky Diver
Does the CPU have any influence at all on the results of these Benchmarks?
Is it necessary to use the latest AMD drivers?
2 REPLIES 2

MatsGlobetrotte
Level 10
Yes the cpu speed and bus speed is important especially on the physics parts in the test. There is one stage in the tests when the pressure is much more on cpu compared to the gpu. If you have the paid version of 3dmark you can see it in the detailed graphs. I assume they include it as it simulates a gaming environment were circumstantial data would have to be calculated.
It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

MatsGlobetrotter wrote:
Yes the cpu speed and bus speed is important especially on the physics parts in the test. There is one stage in the tests when the pressure is much more on cpu compared to the gpu. If you have the paid version of 3dmark you can see it in the detailed graphs. I assume they include it as it simulates a gaming environment were circumstantial data would have to be calculated.

Thanx for clearing this up. Noticed a bencher with the same GPU as mine (identical clocks) and he scored much much more than me...he was running an Intel i7....k 😛