cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750-JX's BASS EYE ( SUBWOOFER ) not working anymore.

AmikoEz
Level 7
Lately my G750 started overheating and shutting down itself. And of course this overheating happens while gaming.
So I was playing Dragon Age: ORIGINS. Which is old game for now doesn't require strong pc at all.
Anyway, after today's shutdown I found out that Bass EYE ( SUBWOOFER) on the back of the Notebook doesn't work anymore.

Help? Any suggestions? Maybe I can fix it through softwares or something? (both overheating and sound problem).
6 REPLIES 6

hmscott
Level 12
AmikoEz wrote:
Lately my G750 started overheating and shutting down itself. And of course this overheating happens while gaming.
So I was playing Dragon Age: ORIGINS. Which is old game for now doesn't require strong pc at all.
Anyway, after today's shutdown I found out that Bass EYE ( SUBWOOFER) on the back of the Notebook doesn't work anymore.

Help? Any suggestions? Maybe I can fix it through softwares or something? (both overheating and sound problem).

AmikoEz, how is your JX shutting down? Is the Display Driver stopping (crashing)? Or is the computer actually shutting down Windows - or is it a crash?

You should get that fixed soon, while in the Warranty period, or if it is new enough take it back to the vendor to replace with a new one.

If your laptop is becoming unstable, any number of peripherals might fail to work until you reboot after cool down. You need to fix the overheating problem first, before trying to debug ancillary failures.

If you can get the GPU / driver to fail while running Furmark 15 minute burnin test - a repeatable test you can submit to Asus for RMA, that is the first thing I would do. You could also use Unigine Heaven. The idea is to find a GPU benchmark / stress test that fails in a repeatable / reproducible way to report to Asus for RMA - gaming failures are hard for Asus to reproduce - especially if they don't have the game. Also report the subwoofer problem in the same Technical Inquiry report.

You can register a login here, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry with the failure report to get an RMA from Asus:

https://vip.asus.com

Hello, hmscott.
It got fixed after 30 mins posting this. When I started Dragon Age: Origins subwoofer started to work again.
I think the problem was in Power4Gear High perfomance option. IN battery thing.

AmikoEz wrote:
Hello, hmscott.
It got fixed after 30 mins posting this. When I started Dragon Age: Origins subwoofer started to work again.
I think the problem was in Power4Gear High perfomance option. IN battery thing.

AmikoEz, nice debugging 🙂

P4G force limits performance under Battery causing performance issues, removing it lets you set the Windows Power Plans, and they won't get replaced by P4G like when it was installed.

Did you uninstall Splendid as well? Has nothing to do with this problem, but along with Asus Gaming Mouse, Asus Live Update, and Asus DVD they are the Asus tools I uninstall.

There are recent posts in the forum on how to tune the subwoofer performance as well.

What happened with the Overheating issue?

Hey, sorry for late replays. hmscott.

It kinda overheats which makes me worry. I still need to look into this issue. I play games which don't require much of strong pc yet after hours of gameplay it FPS goes down and the game is really slow.
And I remember the nights when I played battlefield 4 whole night and the laptop was still cool.

AmikoEz wrote:
Hey, sorry for late replays. hmscott.

It kinda overheats which makes me worry. I still need to look into this issue. I play games which don't require much of strong pc yet after hours of gameplay it FPS goes down and the game is really slow.
And I remember the nights when I played battlefield 4 whole night and the laptop was still cool.

AmikoEz, as CPU power increases power usage increases and heat increase follow 🙂

It is surprising how much CPU/GPU games require these days, if the FPS goes down, you may have reached a level where the FPS naturally drops, unless your CPU / GPU are reducing their clock speeds, the FPS on the same material will be the same. If you are playing online multiplayer if a bunch of people jump on the server to play or watch, the load on the server is going to go up and might slow down the game too - takes a lot of monitoring speeds, temps, loads, network, etc and a bit of debugging to figure these things out - it is often deceiving to try to judge things by the seat of the pants view from 1 or 2 sessions - lots of things come into play.

Again, if the CPU and GPU are still running at their top speeds, and load hasn't changed - something else hasn't started running in the background - the fps change is due to something else.

It is summer, Battlefield 4 was released during the Winter, cool ambient temperatures pulled the heat out of the laptop, even during hours of use, during hot ambient temperatures the heat has nowhere to go and continues to build and level off at a high level.

ruskis23
Level 7
Hello, I have a problem maybe can get some advice… Something wrong with my G750. The computer actually shutting down Windows crash. I tried use FurMark 1.15.1 tool and after 4 minutes crash again So its heating problem?