Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4790K and bios ver 1104

Retired
Not applicable
:p:p

Maximus VII Gene and 4790K

I just cant shut up..

Damn good version, compared to the others, when it comes to cpu OC, offset and lower voltages, and stability..

Over and out

@A. Thanks for taking the board in the right direction..
14 REPLIES 14

Leader2light
Level 7
are you manual overclocking or auto?

Retired
Not applicable
manual.....

Damn good version, keeping this one until i retire em boards.. no more bios update for me

For some reason i manged to lower my offset voltages, by much..

WhitePaw wrote:
manual.....

Damn good version, keeping this one until i retire em boards.. no more bios update for me

For some reason i manged to lower my offset voltages, by much..

be aware that any call to TS will proceed as follows:

1. Do you a have the latest drivers ? If you answer, no, instructions are call back when you do.

2. Do you a have the latest BIOS ? If you answer, no, instructions are call back when you do.

I had an issue with having the WiFi and LAN enabled at same time.

-Call was 1st weekend in January
-WifI and LAN drivers were from early November if I recall correctly
- I had the BIOS that was current when the drivers came out
-New BIOS came out 2 days before my call

I couldn't understand how January BIOS was "required" to use a November Driver, nevertheless they wouldn't discuss the problem until after I upgraded and when I did, the instructions were to disable WiFi when using LAN. I gotta imagine that same s0lution wuda worked with the old BIOS.
October 26 Build
MoBo:Max VI Formula
RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
PSU:Seasonic X-1250
Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
Optical:Asus BR Burner
KB: Logitech G19s
Mouse:RoG GX950
Fan Con.: Six Eyes
Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

Retired
Not applicable
please, make a post in this thread if you guys like it..;)

MaxiMouse Gene VII

😛
i am fine, no OC but like the Maximaus!

Retired
Not applicable
erix_jansen@hotmail.com wrote:
😛
i am fine, no OC but like the Maximaus!

Whats not to like about the Haswell chips, isnt they stable and great?, and the cpu's make the Maximus justice

Big up for the Maximus.. Looking forward to the upcoming board.. Rampage,, ehh no

Retired
Not applicable
Constant debug 00 ( in windows also) and a very long post time when restarting from windows ( debug leds spinning), when a pci-e 2.0 card is installed

It also fail to recognize gpu nr 2 in windows (pci-e 2.0), but sometimes the crossfire seem to kick in, now we talking FPS..

Possible pci-e mayhem ver.?

Ver 0506 dont have any of this, but hey where is the challenge with that.. foolproof ver.?

ver 1002 was a nightmare..

It is a difference between 4790k, and 4770k when it comes to how the bios ver. work the system..

i am running 4770k on my other Gene with ver 1104, no hiccups there

/ Elect Paw for improved stability..:D

Hey There WhitePaw

Your Post made me curious sort of... so i hope you can answer a few questions...

WhitePaw wrote:

Ver 0506 dont have any of this, but hey where is the challenge with that.. foolproof ver.?

ver 1002 was a nightmare..

It is a difference between 4790k, and 4770k when it comes to how the bios ver. work the system..

i am running 4770k on my other Gene with ver 1104, no hiccups there

You say that there is a difference between 4770K and 4790K regarding Bios version... in what way? I am running 1002 with my 4790k and it is rock stable even overclocked, albeit auto-mode. But that leads to my next question...

You say that version 1002 was a nightmare... in what way? Why was it a nightmare? I am using ver. 1002 and am wondering if i should upgrade to ver. 1004 atm. Ofc you are using the M7G and i am using the M7H so not sure if we can expect the same experiences, but boards and cpus are pretty close to eachother. So please clarify what you mean by using examples... Why a nightmare? and what differences...

Regards

Marcus

Mentas
Level 7
good bios for now but still the rog front base wont work.tried every thing