Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Well 75C with out a load is high what temps do you get using a Benchmark that runs your CPU at 100% Burn in test. If your Idle temps are that high I guessing your going quite high under heave load.
    I don't know about the crashes you described. I do know that these notebooks down clock the CPU and GPU on battery only as the battery alone can not supply enough power.
    Your fans should be cycling up and down with the CPU and GPU themps
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

And they do, the fans go up and down with load... The temps I'm showing are after crash give or take 2 minutes which is what it takes to get it up and running again.

To my understanding, if the charger suddenly fails, the computer should not crash since it still has the full battery to work with, but am I wrong? I tried to emmulate a crash by unplugging the power lead... and nothing happened, so most probably I will have to look inside and get good quality heat paste for both CPU & GPU and whatever else needs it. Fans & dissipator grills are as clean as they can be... Oh and by the way, is there a step by step dismantling down to the core of this G75vw (in this forum or elsewhere?

Thanks a lot Clintlgm

Spanish Flyer

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by spanishflyer View Post
    I´m not saying that the culprit of my problem is my graphics card, a NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 670 M with 9.18.13.4052 driver, but it is a big coincidence since the games I tried I had already finished several times before with no problems. Right now it is with Dead Space 3. I wonder if I can roll back to the previous driver and how to do it... (sorry to say I'm no geek). the driver shown is the NVIDIA 340.52, installed on the 3rd of July (latest from NVIDIA)

I first started getting an annoying "OUT OF MEMORY" sign as the game was loading and then as I started playing it suddenly crashed (computer switches off and restarts; I select continue starting windows normally when the options appear on the screen.

My filters are almost "polished" and there is no dust where I have the laptop, so the fans are doing their job perfectly. I don't believe it is a heat problem (and a sudden one for that)...

I have 16 GB RAM and about a year ago I installed a 500 GB SDD as a primary drive. As a processor I have an Intel Core i7-3820 QM CPU @2.70 GHz

I really don't know where to start, but can't allow those terrible crashes to continue, because I´m sure they will end up damaging other software/hardware in my laptop.

Oh, I forgot to mention I always use an external 27" screen from Dell @ 2560 x 1140 resolution (even though, the game changes it to a lower resolution, prior to starting)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Charles (Spanish Flyer)

Hi Charles!
    Any news or solutions to your problem with G75 laptop? I have been dealing with the exact same issue for the last 4-5 months, but with no success. Finally, I gave up on finding a solution myself and took the laptop to the ASUS service center here in Serbia. After they replaced cooling fans and applied new thermal paste, they told me that there is nothing more they can do and the only solution was to buy a new VGA card for this laptop. The price is abnormally high. Much higher than the price of a new laptop.
    I really don't think that a new card is the only solution as the computer runs perfectly well until it crashes at some point during gaming.
    If you've been successful at finding a solution to this problem, please let me know.
    Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3