Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking GPU reduced temperature!!

Akash22
Level 7
I have a G750JX-CV069P
770M 3GB
I use gpu tweak to limit my fps to 30 (me fine with 30.. in fps games)

when i use stock frequencies... GPU usage averages around 98%-99% (30fps locked) and temperature averages around 78C-81C (Max 83C sometimes 85C!! 😞 )

when i go upto 932Mhz (Core) and 5000MHZ (Memory)... GPU usage averages around 74%-80% (30fps locked) and temperature averages around 72C-76C (Max 78C).

Games tested Crysis3, BF4, COD Ghosts, Metro LL.

My question is can overclocking still damage my gpu? Even though the temperatures got reduced because I think that overclocking damages GPU as it leads to more temperatures.
2 REPLIES 2

xdon82
Level 7
you cant predict when GPU will stop working, because nowadays we have terrible bad BGAs. It can happen tomorrow, even when GPU is not overclocked, or never. The problem will be solved after graphene will be implemented - within 10years

Maxter
Level 9
Akash22 wrote:

My question is can overclocking still damage my gpu? Even though the temperatures got reduced because I think that overclocking damages GPU as it leads to more temperatures.

Overclocking will cause the chip's physical architecture to decay faster that it was intended to, hence decreasing its lifetime. Truth is you probably will upgrade your laptop before you are near this decreased lifetime. I have been OC'ing my GTX 460 (+30% OC) during games for 5 years and still going strong. Cheers!