Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

newegg did sell it out yes.
    @chino: no money sir :P unless you buy em for me :P
    going to spend a good deal of money for the upgrade on the outside ( sucks to have a old house ).

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    going to spend a good deal of money for the upgrade on the outside ( sucks to have a old house ).
    why don't i believe you

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Kronvict PC Specs
    Kronvict PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT72 2QD Dominator
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR4
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 500GB
    Storage #2WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG RYUO
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower
    Power SupplyCougar CMX 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair Vengence K70
    Mouse ASUS ROG GX1000
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair Aluminum
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    Newegg hasn't even sold any yet. That listing is a placeholder until they get stock. They have done it plenty of times before for future product releases. It's not nice to give out misinformation.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kronvict View Post
    Newegg hasn't even sold any yet. That listing is a placeholder until they get stock. They have done it plenty of times before for future product releases. It's not nice to give out misinformation.
    Ya i def hope so because that news kinda ruined my day.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Looks like a holding page. They don't even have product images up. This is similar to when the ROG Front Base came out, Newegg had the same thing until it was actually in stock. Note that you can't find that page through usual search on Newegg's site. It's a placeholder.
    Last edited by NavasC; 08-20-2014 at 07:36 PM.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kronvict View Post
    The ROG Swift is the PG278Q, Not what you just linked at all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavasC View Post
    It's not the right monitor. What is that? Do you even know what you're linking?
    My apologies .. you are correct, the link is not a PG278Q
    ..that was a PA279Q, with exactly the same specs minus the 1milsec. response time and whatever that is
    around the frame.
    Type in ROG Swift @ Google and you will see how the tragic error of my ways occurred as no model number was in the OP. I will flog myself severely .. almost to the point where I enjoy it.

Thanks Kronvict ... I was only off by a few milsec's ...
    NavasC .. I do know where I am however, Welcome to ROG. .c.

Quote Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post
    Replying to KKN: why don't i believe you
    ... because you just got here and don't know kkn ... he wouldn't soil himself with a lie .. hahaha
    Welcome to ROG lilchronic.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-20-2014 at 09:31 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    My apologies .. you are correct, the link is not a PG278Q
    ..that was a PA279Q, with exactly the same specs minus the 1milsec. response time and whatever that is
    around the frame.
    Type in ROG Swift and you will see how the tragic error of my ways occurred as no model number was in the OP.

Thanks Kronvict ... I was only off by a few milsec's ...
    NavasC .. I do know where I am however, Welcome to ROG. .c.
    Sorry - didn't mean to come off so rude. But hardly the same specs "minus the response time". It completely lacks G-SYNC, and is an AH-IPS panel instead of TN, arguably two of the more important monitor specs. (Some may argue the IPS as a benefit, however)

It doesn't show up on any regular searches yet, because it's not out yet.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

NavasC .. thank you for bringing that to my/our attention, I never want to give incorrect info .. well done bro.

I didn't take it as exactly rude .. no probem at all.
    If I have neglected to say so before ... Welcome to ROG.

So the question remains .. where, when ... is the best buy thing true.

((doesn't sound like a best buy move to me .. or Asus. BB is notorious for 'dumbing down' their
    models of whatever to reach their undercutting pricepoints .. this is a top shelf monitor ..
    no wiggle room for 'dumbing down' and then the one that was actually developed isn't released ? naaa
    I would be as surprised as the OP .. and NewEgg doesn't put placeholders up for product they
    are thinking about ordering .. if it is there I would think it is on it's way .. I could be wrong, did
    anybody see my meds ? ))
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-20-2014 at 09:47 PM.

ROG Member Array

Listen I have no reason to troll here and I understand I'm a new member so of course my post is going to be in question. I encourage everyone to always think for themselves.

I literally called NCIX yesterday and I was right out told they will not be carrying it and its exclusive to BestBuy. If that means Canada only , I have no idea.. Pretty sure I dialed the US 800 #. is there BB in Canada? I have no idea but I wouldn't doubt it, as there HQ is in Minnesota which is a bordering state and pretty damn close.

Company's do exclusive stuff all the time, they pay money to have the rights. Its called a marketing partnership, PC gaming and computers in general are so main stream these days and with the rise gamers spanning generations born from the last 40 years I wouldn't doubt it. The only thing bad about this is pricing for consumers. It creates no competition.

This is the same thing when hardware manufactures get exclusive rights to promote their products on software. Such as EA/Nivida or exclusive maps for XBOX say for COD.

I don't see a reason for them to lie as their basically turning away business. Call yourself and find out if you want.

Maybe NCIX is out, maybe Newegg and Tiger Direct are in. Notice Neweggs place holder "May or may not be restock"

I will say it again, and iw as even in shock to hear they sales guy say "BestBuy is the exclusive retailer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast