cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking Lights on backside and backlight bleed on PG278Q!

DtWalker
Level 7
Hello guys!

New user here who just bought the best monitor ever released and im of course are talking about the ROG SWIFT Pg278Q 🙂

Wondering about these things tho.

I have seen that there are lights blinking behind the monitor, if you look from the top straight down on the vents from behind.
There is what I can see two lights allways blinking, one yellow + a green one. Is that from the G-Sync module maybe ?
And should they allways blink or do I have an faulty monitor maybe, they even blink a while after I have powered the monitor off, so what the deal here, is that normal ?

And I have uneven backlight bleed, will take some photos later for you to see, maybe thats normal to, just want to know as the ROG SWIFT are a premium monitor who cost very much I just want to know if I will have to send it back or not.

Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

fapman
Level 7
How bad is the backlight bleed? (I have pretty minor on bottom bezel only.)

Also i have that "blinking" happening inside my screen aswell.

fapman wrote:
How bad is the backlight bleed? (I have pretty minor on bottom bezel only.)

Also i have that "blinking" happening inside my screen aswell.

Hello and thanks for the answer, should have said that I have seen several people confirmed that the blinking lights are all normal 🙂

Yeah and about that backlight bleed, I just took some photos with 100% brighness and what I can see now it's just very minor so I have nothing to worry about, seen pics of other peoples that have much much worse then mine so im happy I can say 🙂

Here are 2 pics that I took in a black room with a black background, so what do you think ?

Best regards

fapman
Level 7
Well personally i dont have nearly as much as you. Only very little on the bottom edge. But yeah, what i have read its pretty common in this monitor and also generally in 144hz monitors, that's just how the technology goes atm.

DtWalker
Level 7
Alright, then you are a lucky one 🙂
Most people seems to have a little backlight bleed, fist I thought mine was pretty bad but it aint noticably when gaming and I belive the camera make it seems a little worse then in real life. Of course I would have liked to have nothing but as the rest seems spot on, no dead pixels et.c I think I should be happy for what it is!

Btw, on my old VG278H the backlight bleed was even worse 😕

Thanks for your input on the matter and have a nice day fapman!

fapman
Level 7
Camera makes the bleed worse, cause bad viewing angles of the TN-panel in general.

If you wan't, u can send Asus support a message about is that normal or not. (many people including me, think that it is) But considering other problems that people has posted here... U can actually get worse one in return.

Actually, i got one before this that had take a beating from the bottom bezel (bezel had dent and pushed lcd a fairly bit) and a dust particle inside the screen itself so yeah.... 😄 I think you should be happy with your screen, but that's up to you to decide. Have a nice day you too DtWalker.

Also, what i have heard from company that have a "perfect pixel" -warranty (Dell). The general rule is before u can RMA the monitor from backlight bleed you should see it in blue-background. So backlight bleed in lcd's are fairly common.

fapman wrote:
Camera makes the bleed worse, cause bad viewing angles of the TN-panel in general.

If you wan't, u can send Asus support a message about is that normal or not. (many people including me, think that it is) But considering other problems that people has posted here... U can actually get worse one in return.

Actually, i got one before this that had take a beating from the bottom bezel (bezel had dent and pushed lcd a fairly bit) and a dust particle inside the screen itself so yeah.... 😄 I think you should be happy with your screen, but that's up to you to decide. Have a nice day you too DtWalker.

Also, what i have heard from company that have a "perfect pixel" -warranty (Dell). The general rule is before u can RMA the monitor from backlight bleed you should see it in blue-background. So backlight bleed in lcd's are fairly common.

Thats right, I heard horror stories about how many have dead pixels and other problems with their screens so I think I will keep mine and be happy, it's just what I can see minor bleed and not noticable when gaming annyhow 🙂

Ouch, bad luck about that other you had, pretty crazy that Asus not having better quality control, things like these should not happen and their pixel policy just stinks, I mean this is a ROG Product and expensive so anything other then perfect should not be acceptable, alright some baklight bleed but that just how it works the tech and something we must accept.

Thanks for your input mate, have a great day 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
i can spot a dead pixl..:(

WhitePaw wrote:
i can spot a dead pixl..:(

Eeeh, on your's you mean ?