cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 motherboards

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
With the release of x99 chipsets set for the end of this month is there any news on new X99 ROG motherboards in the works. I am about to start a new build and was thinking i should wait for X99
3 REPLIES 3

MatsGlobetrotte
Level 10
Welcome to the club of eagerly awaiting. There is no real news on Motherboards nor CPU'z only a few about DDR 4 memories having been released in shops for pre-orders.

a few suppliers have released partial news of Mb's but so little and on boards not really interesting. Seems everyone is bound by a Non disclosure agreement so Intel only leak what they want to be leaked... and that is ..very little
It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

kkn
Level 14
only X99 board ive seen is MSI, but did not read enny thing.
for gaming even the Z97 is on the same level.
and the X99 is going to be expensive, even the DDR4 cost loads.

just starting my purchases so i have lots of time. Build is going to be based around the Corsair Air 540. If i go the Z97 route what is the best card. i was thinking the maximus VII Hero