cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM- Program That Keeps Dimming the Screen?

radrobx
Level 7
I have an ASUS ROG G750JM-DS71, and I noticed that there seems to be a program that makes the screen dimmer (even if brightness is on max). So I basically noticed that when I boot up my laptop, before entering my password the screen would be in normal brightness and my keyboard would be lit up. Only after I enter my password, and arrive at the desktop screen, in a couple of seconds the screen would suddenly become dimmer/more orange and keyboard would be unlit. I never touched the settings so it should still all be in default settings and did not install any programs that would cause this (Maybe it is caused by asus bloatware?). Does anybody know how to fix this or experience something similar? BTW, I don't believe it is faulty laptop because the screen will always be at the highest brightness unless I log in and get to desktop.
2 REPLIES 2

Kelusion
Level 7
Radrobx, it's a possibility you are noticing the Splendid Software by Asus :). Uninstall Asus Splendid from Program/Features then restart and see the dimming grayish yellow color which you are noticing am pretty much sure, it'll be much better as its a tool to adjust the screen and disliked by alot of people which comes by default in Asus OEM Software.

For the keyboard, Update to the latest drivers for Utility on Keyboard Device Filter Utility, and Chipset Intel INF Update Driver, also when you manually increase the light on the keyboard does that work?

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=G750JM&os=&hashedid=yql3Rpr80XDgQJbl

If you say the screen works perfect when it boots its basically the Asus Splendid messing the colors up, I personally uninstalled it from my JZ and have much better color on the screen then the default one which comes with the Asus Splendid Software when you get the laptop out of the box.

Let us know how it works out for you 🙂
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

radrobx
Level 7
Sweet it worked! Thanks Kelusion!!! Now I'm completely satisfied with my new laptop! 😄